Photo

Moon Dance Cliffs

• Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

#941 LaraJo

LaraJo
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:19 AM

Wow. That is some serious BS!!! I got married at the MDC sister property, MDV, in July 2011 and used Rashel and her assistant Fiona (for my hair) without incurring any additional charges. I would NOT stand for that if I were you, especially if it was not included in your contract. If it's not in your contract, you aren't legally obligated to aiode by it and I would refuse to pay it. Don't talk to Kim about it- ask to speak with the owner, Randy, and threaten to write a scathing review if they do not capitulate. One of the things I liked about MDV was that unlike other resorts where there were additional fees for vendors, MDV didn't have any and you weren't forced to use their hair/make up people, a specific photographer, etc. How disappointing!!!

#942 Ken5314

Ken5314
    • 13 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:18 AM

@LaraJo  Oh trust me, I def am not accepting that. Kim tried to call me on Friday and say she thinks there is just confusing misleading information and seemed very flustered because she knew I wasnt going to stand for it. So Im just waiting to hear back from Kerry now. On the other hand, how long did it take you to receive your contract? I already booked my 20 room block and I just started giving Kerry the details of what I want.  

#943 Mocha Hontas

Mocha Hontas
      • 30 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

that makes absolutely NO sense and I haven't heard that. I'm booked for my wedding there april 26' 2014. if they claim you have to pay for an outside vendor then why don't you have to pay for photographer, videographer or DJ. that has to be a mistake. keep me posted because I will also give them hell if I have to. I got my contact for my resort take over through destination weddings who I am using for my planning and I got it fairly quick. pretty much as soon as I put my firmament down. have u tried call ing the 800 number for Moondance? They have an office based out of Chicago. I find that office helpful because they are local and you can get a quicker response and an actual verbal conversation.

#944 Ken5314

Ken5314
        • 13 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:59 AM

@Mocha Hontas So Kerry emailed me back yesterday saying that the fee for my makeup artist has been waived. (It better Be!) Kim from their Chicago office also called me and told me they were not going to charge me the fee. I asked her if this was a new fee they were trying to charge and she said yes for their 2014 rates. I also warned her that it might be a turn off for a lot of brides and they may take their business elsewhere. If I were you I would go on their website and print out a copy of their information brochure because that information is not in there yet. If you have already booked then you will prob be ok just make sure they dont try to get you as well.

#945 Mocha Hontas

Mocha Hontas
          • 30 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

thank you for the heads up! I'm going to contact them now to ensure I discuss that with them now and get that in writing.

#946 Mocha Hontas

Mocha Hontas
            • 30 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:48 AM

Is your makeup artist traveling from your state to go to Jamaica or is it someone in Jamaica?

#947 Ken5314

Ken5314
              • 13 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

Im using Rashel Edwards from Chasity Airbrush Makeup. She lives in Kingston, Jamaica. Her reviews were great and her work is amazing! Check her out on wedding wire and i attached her infor below.

http://www.weddingwi...1b6d9a061b.html

#948 Ken5314

Ken5314
                • 13 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:19 AM

@ Mocha Hontas Im using Rashel Edwards from Chasity Airbrush Makeup Artistry in Kingston, Jamaica. Her reviews are great and her work is amazing! Check out the link below

http://www.projectwe...maica-caribbean

#949 Ken5314

Ken5314
                  • 13 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:33 AM

Im using Rashel Edwards from Chasity Airbrush Makeup Artistry. She is located in Kingston, Jamaica. Her reviews were great and her work is amazing.

#950 Mocha Hontas

Mocha Hontas
                    • 30 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

thanks for that info! I'm going to look her up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users