Hi LMC1. I am having my vow renewal at MDC April 2014. I would like to hear how things go. The further I get into planning the more I realize that I wasn't fully prepared for all that I have to do. But none the less, I'm getting it done slowly.
Hi Kaitstr, I am getting married at MDC in less than 2 months, I set the date almost a year ago and I can't believe it is getting so close... I'm so excited. We are doing a resort take over so we have reserved the entire resort. I know the cost is a lot to ask of friends and family but we are actually having around 70-80 guests attend (which is more than we estimated) so it looks like the cost didn't prevent too many people from coming. If you want to email me at my personal email address (email@example.com) then I'll email you back more specific budget info We have almost everything in place so I should be able to provide a good estimate of the total cost. Good luck!
Moon Dance Cliffs
Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:29 AM
Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:29 AM
I am new to this site, but have already read so many helpful posts from past & present brides on the Moon Dance Cliffs wedding experience! Our wedding is booked for 01/18/2014 & I am just in the beginning stages of planning with Kerry. Any & all advice, recommendations, tips, etc. would be greatly appreciated!! If anyone could touch on the following, it would also be greatly appreciated!!
- I would love any tips on traveling with decorations, favors, OOT bags & goodies, etc. Did you just pack a suitcase for all of that stuff, divide it among bridal party & family?
- Working on putting together a group excursion to Margaritaville & considering doing a food & drink package for all of your guestsâ€¦has anyone done this during their wedding weekend?
- Planning a Welcome Cocktail Reception on the Thursday night before our wedding when most of our guests will be arrivingâ€¦has anyone done something like that at MDC & have any ideas or tips? I am thinking about hiring a mento band or the band recommended by Kerry, Front Page. Does anyone have a recommendation for a mento band? Does anyone have any reviews of the band Front Page?
- For ceremony music, I was considering the steel drum band recommended by Kerry. Has anyone used them for their ceremony & have any reviews or tips?
Thank you so so much! I am looking forward to hearing back from anyone that can help me out in anyway!! ;o)
Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:59 AM
I am new to this site but have already read so many helpful posts from past & present brides on the Moon Dance Cliffs wedding experience! Our wedding is booked for 01/18/2014 & I am just in the beginning stages of planning with Kerry. Any & all advice, recommendations, tips, etc. would be greatly appreciated!! If anyone could touch on the following, it would also be greatly appreciated:
1. I would love any tips on traveling with decorations, favors, OOT bags & goodies, etc. Did you just pack a suitcase with all of that stuff, divide it among bridal party/family?
2. Working on planing a group excursion to Margaritaville & possible doing a drink & food package for our guests...has anyone done this during their wedding weekend?
3. Going to do a Welcome Cocktail Hour on the Thursday night before the wedding when most guests are arriving...has anyone done something like that at MDC & have any ideas or tips? I am thinking about hiring the band recommended by Kerry for that night as well, Front Page? Any reviews on the band?
4. For ceremony music, I was considering the steel drum band. Has anyone used them for their ceremony & have any reviews or tips?
Thank you so so much, I am so looking forward to hearing back from anyone that can help me out in any way!!
Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:59 PM
I'm enjoying a quiet moment right now and wanted to take a minute to tell any future MDC brides that you will absolutely love this place. To any brides hedging on making a decision...........book it! In JA right now and we just had our wedding here last night and it was beyond amazing. All of our guests have been raving all day that this has been such a great experience and the best wedding that they have been to. I will do a full review including vendors used when we return back home next week. I know that posts here re: MDC can be few and far between, but rest assured, you will not be disappointed!
Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:17 PM
I know the posts on MDC can sometimes be few and far between, so I just wanted to take this quiet moment here in JA to say to any upcoming brides, MDC is absolutely amazing! Any brides hedging on making a decision...........book it! We had our wedding here last night and it was beyond awesome. All day our guests have been raving about what a wonderful experience this has been and that this was the best wedding they have been to. I will do a full review including the vendors used when we return home next week. But until then, just know that you will not be disappointed!
Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:27 AM
Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:32 PM
I too am having my ceremony April 2014! I have selected some vendors already and started contracts but its very difficult to get them to deal with me because for them it is, "too early".
Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:19 PM
2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!
Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:59 AM
I am just starting to do research for my destination wedding in Jamaica. I have been looking through all of the different resorts and a few caught my eye but as soon as I saw Moon Dance Cliffs, I felt like it was the one! I literally read every single post in this thread yesterday on my day off and I cannot believe how many glowing reviews there are of MDC. The other places I was considering were Half Moon Bay and Rock House - but there were some iffy reviews on accommodations and staff. I am in love with MDC and all of the photos everyone has posted!
Anyway, I was hoping you may be able to help me with a couple initial questions I have. I already heard back from Kerry and received their prices for amenities, but there are some things I'd like to find out before I go further into researching vendors, planning a possible site visit, etc.
1. All Inclusive v. European plan - I read on the other posts that your guests either have to be 100% AI or no one can be AI. I am trying to work out what is the best thing to do. I know people said some of their guests are not big drinkers/eaters so they did not think it was worth it. Our guests will mostly be big drinkers. I am worried about a couple of things: #1, asking my guests to pay for AI on top of what the rooms cost and #2 if we don't get AI, that bar tabs will be very expensive at Moon Dance.
I am wondering if there are some ways to work around doing All Inclusive, especially since the Rehearsal Dinner and Reception would be open bar on us, so that would take care of two nights. I read on someone's posts that they were able to work out a $30 pp all inclusive dinner some nights they were there. Plus, that would leave us open to leaving MDC to go explore a bit and have lunch/dinner elsewhere.
On the other hand, $150 per night per person for all inclusive doesn't sound all that bad when you consider you will probably spend at least $75 on your food for the day and then that's another $75 in drinks.
I was thinking that if we did do All Inclusive, I would cover the cost of the AI for our guests the day of the wedding/reception, etc.
Sorry if this sounds confusing or all over the place, I am just so confused about what would be a better option!
2. Budget - I honestly am not sure how many people will end up coming - I am thinking anywhere between 25-40 people. My main question is, do you think it is realistic to be able to do a Welcome dinner, Rehearsal dinner and Ceremony and Reception at MDC within a budget of $15,000-$20,000? I estimated some things according to the numbers Kerry sent me but I know there can be some extra/hidden costs thrown in that are not apparent until you are halfway through the planning process. I would rather know now if we can't afford a wedding at MDC. Sorry if I sound completely clueless. I am just starting this whole process and just trying to figure things out and what to expect!
Thank you in advance for you help!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users