#811 ajamieso

• 53 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:36 PM

Its just too expensive

#812 lodis22

• Site Supporter
    • 5 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:25 PM

CONGRATS LISA! and thanks for the review. You were a beautiful bride.

#813 Sharae0816

• 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:07 PM

Hi Lisa, Congrats and you looked absolutely beautiful. In your review you said they didnt have much variety in the food. Is it that they didnt have alot of the food that was on their menu's? or was the menu just not enough?

This is my first post on the site so i hope it goes through lol.

#814 lisa203

• 681 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:30 AM

Thanks everyone!

Sharae - your post went through! I meant that they did not have too many options on their menus. It didn't bother me but if you have guests that are used to travelling to all inclusives that boast things like 8 different places to eat different types of food, they may be disappointed. Everything they listed on their menus seemed to be available.

#815 NM2013

• Site Supporter
          • 11 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:44 AM

Hi Lisa.  Congrats!  I saw your review as well as some of the pics on Facebook.  Gorgeous pics.  One question for you.  I saw on some of the previous posts here that MDC now requires renting a tent when your head count exceeds a certain number (I think 30?).  How did you get around this?     

#816 lisa203

• 681 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:04 PM

Hey Nicky, thanks for the compliment. :) We had booked before they made renting a tent mandatory so it didn’t apply to us. I’m so grateful we did not need one!

#817 NM2013

• Site Supporter
              • 11 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:49 PM

Gotcha!  The aesthetics of the "open air" look is so beautiful.  I wish there was a better alternative to the tent in the event of inclement weather.

#818 lisa203

• 681 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 08:41 AM

LARAAAA! Are you ready, baby?! Sooo excited for you!

#819 Jacki7896

• 195 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:50 AM

Four months away until my big day!  I am in full planning mode now and feeling excited and overwhelmed at the same time.

Questions for you all.....  

1.  If you are staying on the resort for the rehearsal dinner, what type of food are you doing/did you do?  For those that are already married and still checking the forum, any dishes you would recommend (for either rehearsal or reception?) 

2.  Anyone doing/did the excursions?  Ziplining or cataraman cruise, etc?  My guests are all arriving at scattered times, but by Thursday afternoon the majority should be there.  I am going to do a low key welcome cocktail on Thursday night, let people eat at their leisure and relax after traveling and get settled in.  I was thinking of doing some excursion on Friday morning/lunch time for those that want to join, but our rehearsal starts at 4:30 so I dont want anyone to feel rushed.  However, i dont know anyother time to plan an excursion where everyone has the option of going because not everyone will get there until Thursday late afternoon, and I dont want to be off doing something earlier in the week when guests are arriving.  Your thoughts? 

SO EXCITED!

#820 whiggrrl

• Site Supporter
                    • 10 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:47 AM

HI! I'm getting married at MDC next April. 

Been thinking about excursions too and am thinking about making our rehearsal dinner a sunset cruise/catamaran to take everyone on Friday night. 

We are probably also going to send anyone who wants to go to play 9 holes of golf on Saturday prior to the wedding.

Also, some people are staying until Monday so we were thinking about a rum tour on Sunday afternoon.

Very exciting!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users