Photo

Moon Dance Cliffs

• Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

#581 lisa203

lisa203
  • 681 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 06:32 PM

Agreed. Hopefully they reconsider...for they own sake. How is planning going for you otherwise?

#582 Jacki7896

Jacki7896
    • 195 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:02 AM

Thanks Mallory for the info!  That is a relief.  I wonder why they are doing the tent thing.  Strange.  I havent heard from Kerry lately (but my wedding is so far away yet... Dec 2011), but I am starting to think about rehearsal dinner, etc type issues.  Are any of you doing the rehearsal at MDC?   I would like to do so since we are paying all-inclusive, but do we have to pay for chairs and tables and all that stuff again (like for the reception).  I know other brides on the forum ended up doing the rehearsal somewhere else for a bit of variety, but I was just wondering if it would be more cost effective to still do it at MDC.  If anyone has done so or is planning to do so, let me know.  Thanks!

#583 awilk99

awilk99
      • 14 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:54 PM

Kerry just emailed me back about it as well. she told me older bookings are not mandated to have it but if weather patterns tell them different they will advise accordingly, and than stick us with the tab basically. so everyone pray it doesnt rain! so i think in dec. you will be ok...we are planning on doing the rehearsal dinner there as well. they have not told me about paying for the chairs...so i dont know. i will let you know when i find out.

#584 awilk99

awilk99
        • 14 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 02:57 PM

oh and dont really expect to hear from kerry until its atleast a few months before, i think im annoying her asking questions so far in advance! i know we are all just eager ladies and want to get the planning done but they do alot of weddings and are used to putting them together with only a few months time.

#585 LoveJA

LoveJA
          • 6 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:36 AM

What's the deal with the tent all of sudden? Now I am considering somewhere else, $500 for a tent that I don't want! I could spend that money on something that i DO want! They seem to have been doing fine without it all this time. Oh well moving on from MDC!!!!

#586 lisa203

lisa203
            • 681 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:53 AM

That's unfortunate. I totally don't blame you though. That's a large figure on top of what you'd also have to spend on reception chairs, tables, etc. If you're up for it, maybe you should send them an email asking if they would reconsider. If not, what other hotels do you have in mind?

Originally Posted by LoveJA 

What's the deal with the tent all of sudden? Now I am considering somewhere else, $500 for a tent that I don't want! I could spend that money on something that i DO want! They seem to have been doing fine without it all this time. Oh well moving on from MDC!!!!

#587 Jacki7896

Jacki7896
              • 195 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:58 AM

Great, thanks for the input awilk99!   

#588 Mallory57

Mallory57
                • 454 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 05:24 AM

Even if it's pouring, I don't want a tent...I'll move the wedding to the stinkin villa...no way I would ever pay $500 for a TENT! So ridiculous!

I am having our rehearsal dinner @ MDC since it's included...we plan on having a very casual barbeque or something.

35 (and counting) booked plus Bride & Groom!!

#589 Meitra

Meitra
                  • 249 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 09:18 AM

I don't know.  I remember reading a post from a MDC bride who had her wedding reception moved into the foyer of the hotel b/c that was MDC's rain location.  She said there was not enough of a cross breeze going through and they were all sweating to death.  So if it rains, I will gladly pay for a tent :)  It actually makes me feel a lot better to know that there is an option other than the foyer now in case it rains for the reception.  But I do agree that another $500 on top of all the other costs is not fun to contemplate...  Let's just hope none of us needs it!

Moon Dance Cliffs ---- Negril, Jamaica ---- December 4, 2010

#590 Jacki7896

Jacki7896
                    • 195 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 10:24 AM

Meitra-- I see you are in Austin.  Me too!  When is your wedding? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users