Moon Dance Cliffs

• Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

#541 big3n09

big3n09
  • 616 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:01 AM

Hello All,

Dreamstar224 you are not alone I called my wedding off back in October so I haven't posted in a long time. Our wedding was supposed to be 5/15/10 and we still went from the 5/14-5/18, I wasn't sure how I was going to feel that day and how being at the property would make me feel but I was fine. After cancelling all but 2 rooms we made a last minute decision to go cause a friend was celebrating his birthday and I'm so glad we went. Although we called our weding off we still had a wonderful time. As many have said everything happens for a reason, the situation will pass just as time does.

To all the other ladies I would say that eventhough I stopped planning my wedding long time ago I'm almost sure that the staff will do any and all they can to accomodate you for your wedding and during your stay. We had a wonderful vacation and I know for a fact if we still had our wedding it would have been beautiful and they would have been just as great if not better. Richard and Ryan were so pleased to help us with anything we asked for during our stay. The property is sooooo beautiful and the food was pretty good. I really don't have any complaints about the property or the staff.

HAPPY PLANNING LANDIES AND CONGRATS TO THE REST OF YOU!!!
    4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#542 Dreamstar224

Dreamstar224
    • 13 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:26 PM

Well it feels good to know that I am not alone. I didn't mean to turn this into my personal 'whoa is me site', but I really do appreciate all the kind words. And you are right... the staff is wonderful. Instead of a reception dinner, Richard decided we should have a 'party' dinner. Ryan was awesome too... he was our own personal DJ during the party dinner. I know Kerry is a little slow on returning emails but rest assured, as your day gets closer, she will be in closer contact. She even showed up to my party dinner.

You simply cannot have a bad time here!

#543 Mallory57

Mallory57
      • 454 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:11 PM

Question for any/all past MDC brides: How much were you charged for a "transportation fee" for the chairs? Does this fee seem ridiculous to anyone else, or is it just me?? :-/
        35 (and counting) booked plus Bride & Groom!!

#544 gbyrd

gbyrd
        • 69 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:32 AM

i was wondering about the chairs too! I am getting chivari chairs and they are $20 plus transportation fee.

#545 lbcs

lbcs
          • 33 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 05:23 PM

About the chairs...
            I remember being bothered by this as well. I wish they didn't add that on. We ordered 38 chairs and the transportation fee was $70 on top of the chair charge
            On a positive note, I will say there there were no other unexpected or hidden fees when we checked out of Moon Dance. I was worried about this when they told me about the transportation fee for the chairs - it made me think, oh great what other random fees will there be.
            But really they were upfront and honest with everything. A couple of our guests even saw charges they didn't recognize on their bills and they were taken off right away with no question.
            Hope that helps...
            Lauren

Attached Files

#546 Meitra

Meitra
            • 249 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 10:59 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by gbyrd
              i was wondering about the chairs too! I am getting chivari chairs and they are $20 plus transportation fee.
              I thought the chivari chairs were $10 each plus transportation?
              Moon Dance Cliffs ---- Negril, Jamaica ---- December 4, 2010

#547 gbyrd

gbyrd
              • 69 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:04 PM

Meitra

You are right, they are $10.00 plus transportation fee.

#548 lisa203

lisa203
                • 681 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:10 AM

Hi all! I just spent way more time than I care to admit reading this ENTIRE thread. My fiancĀ© and I hope to get married at Moon Dance Cliffs on 6.21.11 (our 9 year anniversary!). All I've managed to successfully do so far is check to see if they have that date available...they do. To those getting married next year - would you mind sharing the rates you were able to secure? This would help me so much as I'd like to give people a ball park of what it would cost to join us (nearly everyone lives in CT and would be flying out of NY). Did you negotiate through a TA? If I end up using one I would love for them to be already familiar with MDC, so any recommendations would be quite helpful. I've sent an inquiry to the TAs here and have yet to hear back so I'm poking around on my own in the mean time.
                  Thanks in advance!

#549 dazzliing4

dazzliing4
                  • 14 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 10:50 PM

OMG my wedding is on saturday in MDC. I can't wait. Will be reporting back to you all how everything went. Wish me luck :).

#550 Mallory57

Mallory57
                    • 454 posts

Posted 03 July 2010 - 01:39 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by dazzliing4
                      OMG my wedding is on saturday in MDC. I can't wait. Will be reporting back to you all how everything went. Wish me luck :).
                      Congrats and good luck!! Please report back and share pictures!! :-)
                      35 (and counting) booked plus Bride & Groom!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users