Photo

Moon Dance Cliffs

• Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

#441 doneill01

doneill01
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 04:58 PM

i was wondering besides claudette and neha are there any other pictures of weddings that have already happened on here?

also, is/did everyone bring or purchase their centerpices for the reception? our planner suggested bringing them to save on costs but i want glass vases so i am not sure if this is possible. if you bought them was it from the resort or a florsit, about how much were they a piece if you dont mind sharing. if you are able to include a pic of your centerpieces when you reply that would be awesome! besides centerpieces for the tables what other decoration items am i going to need? any advice/help is apprieciated!

thanks everyone!

#442 gbyrd

gbyrd
    • 69 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:07 AM

I am buying all my centerpieces and stuff from Floral Fantasies. I am getting everything I need for under $1500.

#443 Lauren J

Lauren J
      • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:48 PM

Hey everyone! I'm so excited to have found this forum! I'm getting married at the Cliffs on August 4, 2010 and am still trying to get my act together with all of the planning. I've been a little overwhelmed, but it's nice to see there's a bunch of y'all out there who are going through or have been through the same things! Thanks so much to the brides who have posted so much helpful information already. Neha, your pictures are beautiful!!! It made me even more excited about the big day!

#444 negrilbridetoo

negrilbridetoo
        • 180 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:13 PM

Like gbyrd, we are using Floral Fantasies too. Ours came close to $500 for flowers as we are only expecting 20-30 people.

#445 negrilbridetoo

negrilbridetoo
          • 180 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:13 PM

Welcome Lauren J and Congrats!!

#446 doneill01

doneill01
            • 23 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:09 PM

Is anyone on here getting married at MDC between 2/23/10 and 2/28/10? That is when i am going on vacation to Jamaica and going to be checking out the resort. I am trying to see if there is going to be a wedding that week/weekend so I can see everything all set up! If anyone isnt going to be able to see the resort before their wedding let me know if there is anything you would like to check into, look at, ect. while there!

#447 DW2011

DW2011
              • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:04 PM

Hi Everyone!

I am so happy I found this thread. I am researching Moon Dance and plan to drop a deposit by the end of Feb. We are getting married May 2011.

I have one question - All-inclusive or not? I am reading some posts and they are saying not AI. The website says yes though. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

#448 Meitra

Meitra
                • 249 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 02:29 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by doneill01
                  Is anyone on here getting married at MDC between 2/23/10 and 2/28/10? That is when i am going on vacation to Jamaica and going to be checking out the resort. I am trying to see if there is going to be a wedding that week/weekend so I can see everything all set up! If anyone isnt going to be able to see the resort before their wedding let me know if there is anything you would like to check into, look at, ect. while there!
                  Doneill01,
                  Can you look around the resort to see if it would be feasible and a pretty spot to get married on the terrace at Annie's restaurant? I'd really like to get married with just the view behind me I think, no gazebo or anything.
                  Thanks!
                  Moon Dance Cliffs ---- Negril, Jamaica ---- December 4, 2010

#449 doneill01

doneill01
                  • 23 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:35 PM

lol, i have already asked them that question and they said no.... but i am going to look around while there to see if i can come up with anything. i will let u know!

#450 negrildreamer

negrildreamer
                    • 28 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:18 PM

There is the gazebo and they have the area in the hotel lobby that is covered but still open air, you can see some pics on the website. It is a small resort and I doubt they would kick people out of the pool if a ceremony is going on at the gazebo. It is a C shape the way the hotel and villas are set up so the gazebo is out by the water and visible from everywhere. I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing though. The restaurant (I think it is Anna's or Annie's) is the reception area I believe and is also open air. Mastistyle on the knot had her wedding there recently and our photographer gave us the password to view her photo gallery of a rehearsal dinner that was at the resort. Its really a great place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users