Moon Dance Cliffs

• Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

#221 taovandel

• 68 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:38 PM

My wedding went from 17-20 people to just 13-14 people total (including me and my fiance). I was a little sad about it, but I keep thinking of the good things. This is really lowering the cost of everything. Less tables = less centerpieces/linens. Less people = Less for the cost of shuttles. Less people = less for the rooms. If I just think of the good things, then I don't have to think about all the people I love that aren't attending one of the biggest days of my life.

Here's a list of things I'm focusing on for the wedding (let me know if I'm forgetting something).

Cake and cake table decorations
    Reception Centerpieces
    Ceremony Decorations
    Wedding Dress--Shoes, accessories
    Groom and Groomsmen outfits
    Bridesmaid dress
    My bouquet--BM Bouquet
    Sending off info to the resort to make everything legal
    Reception Decorations
    Clothes for the trip
    Rehearsal Dinner Restaurant--not 100% settled on Glistening Waters
    Reception Food
    Shuttle for guests to/from airport to resort and for the rehearsal dinner
    Picture Frame for Guests to Sign

Welcome Bags
    Another Excursion outside of the rehearsal dinner.

Let me know what else I need to do!

#222 big3n09

• 616 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:09 PM

your list looks good, and as far as your guest list if your family and friends are anything like my guest they may book last min. and then things change again, so don't worry!
      4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#223 rydm

• 42 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:32 AM

I did my To-DO List this past weekend and these are the things that I didn't see on yours. Now, you may not need all of it or may have already done some of it but I just thought I would list it just incase. By the way, don't worry about your guest number. You and your FI are gonna have a great time on your Big Day no matter what!

Mail Out Invitation
        Save the Date cards
        Select Ceremony/Reception Songs
        Send list of songs to band/DJ
        Send Baby Pics if Videographer requests it
        Cake Server
        Toasting Flutes
        Ring Pillow
        Mani & Pedi
        Bridesmaids' Gifts
        Thank You Cards
        Plans for Honeymoon

#224 taovandel

• 68 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:59 PM

I'm still debating on doing invitations. I'm thinking it's not worth the money as we have invited by phone calls everyone and confirmed their arrival. Pretty much 99% of the people going are super close family/friends so I see and talk to them every single day.

We are going the Ipod Route---so I'll definitely need to add that to my list--we need to load all the songs...thanks for the reminder!

Does anyone know if the resort has a cake cutter/server? Or do we need to provide that? I don't really need anything special to remember the day or anything like that.

HA! Completely forgot about the rings!

Adding thank you cards and honeymoon plans to my list also.

We weren't originally going to have a honeymoon really. We were just going to come back home and hang out. But his family just generously gave us a large amount of money and the use of their timeshare...soo woohoo! We are getting a honeymoon now!

This thread has been dying down a bit---Let us know how everyone is doing and what stage in planning you are at.

#225 Mastistyle

• 62 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:57 AM

Rydm-the bags are cute-I am assuming they have the colors of your wedding?
            Big3n09-you don’t have to get your hair wet to do TTD. I have seen so many different ways of the photo session. I think it is more about being in a more relaxed atmosphere with you and your hubby!
            Taovandel-thanks for the info of the chairs…for some reason, I still haven’t gotten he pictures from Kerry. You can still do invitations for 25. Are you inviting anyone that will not be able to attend the wedding? There are some beautiful DIY invitations…

I hope everyone is doing well…I haven’t done anything wedding related!

#226 taovandel

• 68 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:20 AM

Ladies, it looks like after planning two weddings (one in my home state and then of course Jamaica) that I'll actually have to plan another different wedding. We found out that I'm pregnant yesterday! We will be due two weeks after our original wedding date--November 18th. So obviously no flying for me.

We are going to move everything up and keep it local instead.--probably within the next two months.

I'll definitely still keep up with you ladies and I can't wait to see pictures from your lovely days!

#227 big3n09

• 616 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:31 PM

Congrats!!! Everything will still be nice, don't forget about us and let us know how things turn out! BTW,You could still do a Jamaican or Island theme.
                4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#228 rydm

• 42 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:39 AM

Aaawww....Congratulations!!! I agree with big3n09. You're day will still be beautiful and special!!!

My FI and I are having a big reception here in Alexandria, Virginia when we come back and I’m far with the planning for that. I know you're almost three hours away from where I live but I think some of the venders I’m using might be willing to do business in Virginia Beach as well. So....if you don't find what you like in your area, feel free to let me know and I can tell you which venders I’m using.

Congrats again and wish you all the best!!!

P.S. – Please do keep-in-touch! You know where to find us, if you would like us to give you our thoughts on anything :-)!

#229 Mastistyle

• 62 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:59 AM

congratulations! def. keep us updated on your plans!

#230 nylaphoto

• 14 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 02:43 AM

Hi everyone just joined the boards today as so many of my brides told me how great these boards are. I am shooting a wedding in April at Moondance cliffs so I am very excited, looks like an amazing place and I always love Jamaica. I'll post some info after the wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users