Photo

Moon Dance Cliffs

• Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

#191 Mastistyle

Mastistyle
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:47 PM

Lynmb1021-congrats on your booking! This is a great thread-everyone has been so helpful!

#192 big3n09

big3n09
    • 616 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:37 PM

Are any of you all getting married at home before going to Jamaica and if so how does that change things for the wedding offer at MDC?
      4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#193 Mastistyle

Mastistyle
      • 62 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:32 PM

I was just reading a post about that...Jamaican weddings licenses are legal in the US. So, I am not going to get registered stateside. It is one less thing I have to worry about!

#194 claudette

claudette
        • 106 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:44 PM

Hi ladies!

My FI comes from a very religious Catholic background...now he is the one who was ALL for the destination wedding but I cannot even begin to tell you how much of a headache it has been listening to his mom go on and on about us not getting married in a Catholic church.

We have decided to do a very intimate ceremony in the Catholic church once we return from Jamaica - just a symbolic blessing of the marriage really - I haven't thought too much about what I would wear, etc., just that it would be my parents, his mom and my grandmother at the church.

The logistics of it are something we should probably plan out more, but he and I both are only concerned with the Catholic church recognizing the marriage and apparently so long as the priest blesses your marriage, it's okay....anyway, that's what we'll be doing!

#195 claudette

claudette
          • 106 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:51 PM

Taovandel and Lynmb1021

I know! I'm freaking out that my wedding is so close!!!

Actually, I would love if you girls could go over my checklist and see if I'm missing something!!!

Here's my Done list! I'm putting this first because it makes me less nervous!

-Photographer (Brian Nejedy)
            -Videographer (Noel Sylvester works with Brian)
            -DJ (Paul with Sound Illusion)
            -Emailed Kerry dinner options
            -Cake with Margaret
            -Save the Dates - done and mailed out
            -Invitations (ordered)
            -Bridesmaids dresses (they've been ordered)
            -My dress (last dress fitting a couple of weeks ago! Staying at my mom's house for safe-keeping!)

Still to do:

-Flowers (working with Rosemarie but still haven't finalized bouquets) Also, don't know whether to do corsages for mom and future mother in law?
            -Mail out invitations (once they arrive)
            -Pick out songs and send them to DJ
            -Choose centerpieces (I'll write a different thread about this)
            -Ceremony decorations
            -Possible welcome bags?
            -Arrange transportation (don't know whether to just let the hotel do this or have Courtney do it...)

Alright, so what am I missing?!

#196 claudette

claudette
            • 106 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:09 PM

Okay, so about the centerpieces...I have been going back and forth about what I want to do - first off, I want to wait and see how many guests book before I decide since that will determine how many centerpieces I will have...but I have looked online and I really like the pictures from brides who bring their own stuff and really personalize their wedding! My mom however is constantly telling me that bringing down my own stuff is just not going to work and be too much trouble than it's worth, etc. so I'm really torn! What are your thoughts on centerpieces?

#197 taovandel

taovandel
              • 68 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:47 PM

I'm on your mom's side. I don't think it's worth the hassle to pack everything up and bring it with me. I'd freak out if I forgot something or what if it gets lost in baggage transfers. I'd rather just pay someone else to do all the work.

The only thing I'll probably be bringing is the tablecloths for the reception (I don't want plain white for that--and it'll only be like 2) and maybe some raffia fans for the wedding ceremony for the guests. Stuff that I won't be too upset about if something were to be lost or forgotten.

I'm narrowing in on a rehearsal dinner site! I'm getting excited!

#198 rydm

rydm
                • 42 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:16 PM

Claudette - Don't be nervous. You're doing awesome! You got most of the big ones out the way so don't worry. I reviewed your list and the only thing i will add is hair & make up and favors. Also, not sure if MDC provides these but don't forget to take cake servers and toasting flutes. If i think of anything else, i'll let you know. BTW, I’m looking for a videographer and was wondering of you can give me the contact info of Noel. Thanks!!

As for counterpieces, what kind were you thinking of doing? What i was planning was to take the vases from here and just buy fresh flowers there and arrange it the night before. It can be a fun thing to do with my mom and my BMs....but my only worry is....what if i don't find flowers in my color? Also, i never thought about it but Taovandel brought up good points. So...i don't know, i might need to think hard on that.

#199 big3n09

big3n09
                  • 616 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:28 PM

claudette - Relax, everything will be fine and you are on point, rydm pointed out the missing things I thought about. My girlfriend took all her stuff with her to San Juan and it was nice but it was a hassle transporting it, setting it up, and then taking it back home or trying to give stuff away. I made a mental not I def wouldn't be bothering with that. She had to have everyone traveling with her check a bag/box for her, that was on her wouldn't do again list. Anyhow, what is in your heart/vision if you have items that you really want there and MDC is not offering something you like I would say go with you hearts desire. Another option is to take only the items you really must have to add your personal touch and that may cut down some of the hassle. How are things going with Courtney was his prices OK for you?
                    Happy final planning to you!!!

rydm - what if you don't find what you like and is it going to be ok to pick flowers from anywhere?
                    4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#200 claudette

claudette
                    • 106 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:53 PM

Thanks ladies! You make me feel sooo much better!!! And reminded me of very important information! And brought up very good points!

Taovandel, what are you thinking rehearsal dinner-wise? I'm still deciding as well and would like to finalize my decision very soon!

Rydm, I was actually thinking of white trays with candles, rocks, and starfish - I wish I knew how to attach a jpeg image here because I would love for you guys to see it! :) I also came across a great idea to do away with the plain white tablecloths, which is to put about 3" ribbons in your colors (mine are fuschia and tangerine) across the tables - looks so pretty! I will try to find a way to attach it - if not I'll just put in a word document! The only problem will be if it's windy, but I'm sure there will be a way to tie them down!

Taovandel, I am definitely doing fans too! I love them and the way they look!

Oh and rydm, the videographer's contact info is:
                      Noel Sylvester
                      nasweddings@gmail.com

He has been great with contact via email and my photographer has worked with him and I hear that's really important! :)

Big3n09: I haven't contacted him yet - I still need to do so! :)

Thanks again ladies! This helps keep me organized and on top of things!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users