Photo

Moon Dance Cliffs

• Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

#181 lynnmb1021

lynnmb1021
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:24 AM

Hello... we just put a deposit down on our wedding at Moondance Cliffs yesterday!! We're getting married on May 7 2010. I'm so excited! We were originally booked at Sandals Dunns River in Ocho Rios and I'm so glad we made the switch. Now I can bring in whatever vendor I like! I'm looking into photographers at the moment and have narrowed it down to Sungold and Michael Saab.. they are both a bit out of our price range but they have associates that they work with and those packages are much more affordable. I've emailed both to try and get the associate sample portfolios to see if they measure up.. I'll post any feedback that I get!
    Lynn

#182 big3n09

big3n09
    • 616 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

Rydm - Running of the brides is in Rockville, MD on 4/2 and Mazzia Gallery on 7/31, I want to go just to see what they have but after the morning rush. I have 2 dresses that I like at Demetrio's Bridal in Tyson's corner so I'm just going to see what they may have since the prices are so reasonable. I have a friend that manages at the location at Conn. Ave NW and I need to contact her to see if she's ever worked one of those events and what she suggest, and thank you for the info.

lynnmb1021- congrats on booking, my date is 5/1/10, maybe we'll see each other depending on when you arrive. I spoke to Paula at Sungold and she highly recommended a female associate but I can't remember the name I'm almost sure it started with an S, you may want to ask her about her. Both are also out of my price range but I'm going to see what we can do as well as see how well the other ladies photo's go since I have a little time to play with.

mastistyle-Courtney said he sent you an email, he really wants to take a trip to meet you and the group to see exactly what you guys want to do and to introduce himself, not sure if you interested in that though
      4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#183 taovandel

taovandel
      • 68 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:39 PM

I just created a compilation email for the FI to see some ideas for the wedding. It got me soooo excited for the wedding! I can't wait. 8 months and 1 day to go (243 days!)

#184 lynnmb1021

lynnmb1021
        • 24 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:52 PM

Thanks Big3n09- I did notice that our weddings are back to back.. we're arriving on May 3 :) Thanks for the Sungold info.. there is separate pricing for an associate by the name of Simpson which might be who you are thinking of. I'll let you know when I get more info. I'm looking forward to hearing about the upcoming weddings at the Cliffs on the forum!

#185 taovandel

taovandel
          • 68 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:57 PM

I emailed Kerry a few minutes ago---but figured you girls might have an answer also.

Can you mix and match the food packages? I like pretty much everything from package two but I wanted to put in some stuff from package 1 and 3 also.

I'm really hoping I can do that.

#186 claudette

claudette
            • 106 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:54 PM

Welcome and congrats on booking lynnmb1021! :)

Taovandel, I don't see the problem with mixing and matching for packages 1 & 3 - let us know what Kerry says!

It's snowing in Atlanta today! :) So much fun!

#187 taovandel

taovandel
              • 68 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:09 PM

omg! 2 months and 22 days til your wedding claudette! That's crazy.

How much do you have left to do?

#188 taovandel

taovandel
                • 68 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:01 PM

Is anyone doing any excursions? I have one free day where we can. I was thinking of doing Glistening Waters through Talk of the Town tours. It looks fascinating to me. Or maybe bamboo rafting.

#189 big3n09

big3n09
                  • 616 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 06:18 PM

I would like to do something as a group. The guy Courtney took my friends on like a city tour but has told me about a few attractions I will get details and post them on what he recommends. I'm waiting on a call from him now, he is supposed to be visiting MDC today, I hope he has a camera if not I will ask him when can he would be able to go back and take some pics.
                    4/1/11 in St. Kitts at the Marriott I married my best-friend!!!

#190 lynnmb1021

lynnmb1021
                    • 24 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:36 AM

Thanks Claudette! Your wedding is right around the corner!
                      Taovandal- I was wondering the same thing about the menus, as far as mixing and matching. I haven't been in touch with my wedding planner, Linus, yet. Let us know what you find out :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users