Moon Dance Cliffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meitra View Post

OMG I leave tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn for my wedding in Jamaica!!!!!  I am so trying to stay calm, but am really tense about making sure I don't forget everything and that it all goes wonderfully!  AGGH!  I really can't belive it's finally here!

Hello All,

I was wondering if you ladies could assist me.  I have heard excellent reviwes regarding Moon Dance Villas but have also heard great reviews regarding Couples Resorts. Has anyone been to any couples resorts, in which you could shed some light on your expericence there for me please? It would be greatly appreciated

@joanna12, I would let your coordinator know of a liqour preference. We stayed at MDV but had a dinner at the Cliffs and both places were very accomandating. Regarding a plated meal, we never requested any, but all of our breakfast and lunch meals were brought to our table (when we ate at the Villas), however, our dinners were served buffet style with all guests at the resort. They appeared to have enough staff to served plated, but I am sure there will be an extra fee!

Originally Posted by dmob View Post

@joanna12, I would let your coordinator know of a liqour preference. We stayed at MDV but had a dinner at the Cliffs and both places were very accomandating. Regarding a plated meal, we never requested any, but all of our breakfast and lunch meals were brought to our table (when we ate at the Villas), however, our dinners were served buffet style with all guests at the resort. They appeared to have enough staff to served plated, but I am sure there will be an extra fee!

Hey everyone. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

@dmbo, Really? You had all of your dinners with the other folks at the villas? That's a little disappointing since we will have all of the villas but the 2 bedroom and I was told that we could have a welcome cocktail reception and dinner as well as a rehearsal dinner. I'm okay with it being buffet, but would prefer if our group were able to eat in a more private setting. Did you have any similar events? Also, how was the wedding reception dinner handled in terms of the other MDV guests?

Thanks!

@sweetginger

Hi! I have stayed at Couples Negril and Couples Ocho Rios and Moon Dance Cliffs. I have visited MDV but not stayed there. 

Couples is a really beautiful hotel but it is totally different from MDC! 

Couples hotels are massive properties in comparison to MDC. They have many restaurants, bars and lots of nice little qualities that make it a really nice hotel... For example, they have a turtle at one of their hotels, lots of grounds to roam around, tennis courts etc. etc. Most of the rooms are really nice, depending on if you stay in the refurbished part or not, but then that depends on whether you like your rooms modern with tvs etc or you prefer to totally get away. 

MDV is a different setting. The hotel is much smaller in size, there are not loads of bars and restaurants no grand lobby. But I would imagine that because of the size you get a much personal service and you get to spend more time with your guests. I was told I would get a private butler, chef and house maid with the villas. The rooms are big and spacious, although a little dated TBH. MDV is more of a home away from home. I prefer MDC because of the open layout. 

Also Couples is only couples only, whereas at Moon Dance you are allowed children... so it depends on what you are looking for. 

Hope this helps. 

@ gpendleton

Hi! 

I am so happy your wedding went so well! Thank you for leaving the lanterns as I was planning to bring LOADs of my own! 

Our wedding is going to be at least 66 guests and as most people have smaller weddings I am a bit worried that they won't have enough of everything for our three night stay... But I am sure it will work out fine. 

Which photographer and florist did you use? 

Please send us some pictures of your day and set up! 

Congratulations!

Hi again!  I used Scott Gunnells from Nyla Photography.  He is based in New York and a little pricey but worth every penny.  He was fantastic and arrived at noon to start taking photos and stayed until we cleared the dance floor at 11:00 pm.  There was one point where we were done taking the posed formal photos and starting to go to the reception and he called us back and told us he needed to take more photos because the sunset was so amazing.  He truly loves his job and it shows!

I used Tai Flora for all the flowers and again they were amazing.  They met with me two days before the wedding just to make sure I was happy with everything and to go through what they had on paper to make sure the wedding day was exactly what I was expecting. 

The only disappointment was the cake, I used Margaret Myrie (recommended by the resort) and the construction was messy and not really what I wanted but the flavor was excellent.  If any of you use her, make sure to be very specific and send lots of pictures to her.  The color of the fondant was totally off on mine and I wish now I had sent her a fabric swatch for her to match.  My cake was supposed to be coral and it turned out tangerine. 

I don't have the photos from the photographer yet except for the one of the sunset below that he posted on facebook.  The other photos are just some of the guests took.  If you want to see something specific, let me know and I can post more photos if I have the one you are wanting to see.

149242_1553547357634_1203682153_31334769_2161766_n.jpgPicture_155.jpgPicture_276.jpgPicture_251.jpgGazebo.jpg

Wedding Sunset.jpg

Hello everyone I am new to this thread, I have spent time  reading this thread from the beginning until now....and can I say that I am still undecided!

Congrats! your wedding looks so amazing....I love the colors.  The table looks wonderful!....I am scheduled to get married at MDC on july 5th 2011.  I am still having second thoughts about this place, I have until Jan to get my deposit back if i chose to go elsewhere.  I am having about the same amount of people at my wedding also maybe 20 guest including my FI and I. 

I am still little concerned about all the extras we would have to pay...like tables, chairs, etc.  It really bugs me, so this is why am still undecided...I have been looking into iberostar also but still not sold on it.

I am already at14k and that is just for accomodations and reception.  I am wondering just how much more i will have to spend to complete everything!  I am really stressed! any information anyone can provide to help this decision easier for me will be greatly appreciated.

I also want to look into a different cake vendor maybe form Mobay area as I don't really like the construction of Miss myrie's cakes.