Moon Dance Cliffs

Hey girls!

Thank you! I feel so much better now! :) I mean, I know it's our weddings and all, but seriously to have someone be paid for just pressing play just doesn't seem worth it to me! And we're not going to be a large group either (probably about 25 - 30 at the largest) so I think we'll be okay with our IPOD system!

Ssleenyc, I have heard that the music system works just fine with an IPOD - I had talked with the girl who got married there over the grand opening weekend and she said that's what they did and there were a bunch of speakers set up and the resort had microphones for speeches, etc. So I think the sound system will be okay.

Also, from what I am getting from Kerry, I'm pretty sure the dinner is buffet...I haven't been told of an option and on the Celebrations Menu (attached by Sparkles in this thread) it only mentions buffet. Its weird though because in the pictures it looks like a sit down dinner but I think the serving style is buffet only.

As for the dance floor, the bride married over Thanksgiving sent me some of her private wedding pics and from what I could tell, they did a lot of their dancing in the gazebo - someone please correct me if I'm wrong - but as Sparkles mentioned, the gazebo is rather large so it might just be the case! It looked beautiful though and there was plenty of room!

Again, these are just my thoughts and if someone has heard something different, please let us know! :)

I can tell you how thrilled I am to find this forum. I just booked MDC last week for a November 20 wedding.

I have emailed Linus a few times and have not heard back, but it has only been a week.

All of you seem so organized! I am having a difficult time deciding anything. I mentioned in the intro post that I am Indian and my fiance is Afican American. So we are having a non-denominational ceremony. But I want to incorporate our cultures in the reception. So, I don't even know where to begin. And at the risk of sounding a bit depressing-both of my parents are deceased, and I feel like I am going to have to plan everything on my own. (Sorry-just needed to vent a bit). My fiance and I are trying to keep it as simple as possible-no bridemaids or groomsmen, maid of honor, best man etc, no colors. I am going to wear an indian outfit-and that is the only thing I have decided!

A wedding should be happy and exciting-but the planning is only stressing me out! How are you all so composed?

I've also seen the pictures from the grand opening bride and it looks to me like they had their dances right on the patio/overhang of the restaurant.

As for not being stressed out yet---I haven't really started my planning yet, that's why I'm so calm. give me a couple of months--I'll probably be pulling my hair out!

Mastistyle, welcome and congratulations!!! We're excited to have you here! I know the planning can really get stressful, but you have plenty of time so just take it a day at a time and you will be fine - plus, you're not alone! You have us! :) Your wedding sounds like it will be so beautiful with the fusion of cultures - I picture it very colorful and fun! wink.gif

Oh, and far as Linus goes, we have all been finding out that Kerry will most likely contact you first and Linus gets involved more towards the end - my wedding coordinator is Linus as well and I'm only 3 1/2 months out for my wedding and I'm still communicating with just Kerry.

I actually feel as though I have planned two weddings at this point - as I mentioned before, we were originally getting married in Mexico - I had picked out everything! Photographers, resort, flowers, entertainment (we were going to have fire dancers!) and then my resort canceled my wedding date!!!! It was UNBELIEVABLE! You cannot imagine how much I cried and cried - and then I gave up - I was like I'll just get married in the courthouse I don't want to start all over again! We also looked into marrying in FL - so I researched all hotels and vendors in Naples - then we finally decided on Jamaica and I'm so glad that we did! wink.gif

I'm still stressing, but I have been getting a lot of help from my friends and from this forum! I can't tell you all how helpful it is to come on here and bounce ideas off you all!

:)

-Claudette

How long did it take Kerry to contact everyone?

I emailed her about 3 days ago and haven't heard anything from Kerry.

I know that they are probably very busy--but I was hoping for at least an acknowledgement of the email...

Oh well, it's giving me time to look around and get ideas for the wedding.