Moon Dance Cliffs

Seem like we all took a little break, hope everyone is doing well.

Sparkles8300 - Thank you for posting the pictures and thank your parents, they were very helpful! Your wedding will be wonderful at you new location with all your guest being able to be there all in one place.

Claudette - I can imagine how you are feeling, I'm anxious for you!

I have not made any contact with MDC, I guess since I know they may not respond back immediatly I will wait till I really need to know something. If you ladies find out about the entertainment please post I'm interested in knowing about it.

Happy planning to you all!

SSleenyc- I felt the same way about the sunset ceremony but the pictures after the ceremony should be great with sunset approaching. Sounds like ceremony an hour before sunset should work out great.

Big3n09- I'll be sure to post any info about entertainment if I hear anything.. I sent back a ton of questions to Kerry yesterday and will be surprised if I get a fraction of the answers back at this point. I think you are smart not to make any contact with MDC this early on in the planning! Hopefully some of the other brides with weddings closer than ours can get that info :)

As for entertainment, my parents said that when they were there a band was going to come play. However, since my parents were the only ones at the resort, when they told the MDC staff how they were going to be going to Rockhouse for dinner and drinks that night, MDC canceled the band. I think they will be flexiable with whatever you want for entertainment as long as you are bringing a bunch of guests to the property. I would just try and work out what kinds of things your group likes before you get there so they can plan it according to the nights you will be there to enjoy it. It sounded like they are small enough that they can change things to suit your group if it's taking over a lot of the hotel. Plus, it's not like we would really need entertainment on the Rehearsal Dinner night or Wedding Night so that would only leave 1-2 nights where I am sure they would do something fun to suit your wedding.

Hi all! We are really close to booking at Moon Dance Cliffs. I found out they do allow children to the wedding if the parents sign a waiver.

Where is everyone having their reception? Do they do outside receptions?

Anyway, I'm super excited to ALMOST have the place booked- we are getting the contract this week and then I'll be in full wedding planning mania!

This forum has been SOOO helpful! I will contribute as much as I can for future MDC brides. Speaking of which, the last e-mail I got from them said they are trying to go all-inclusive (they offered us an all-inclusive as well as a non all-inclusive), so anyone looking for that option should not eliminate MDC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssleenyc View Post
What is the rain plan? I can't beleive I haven't asked this question but what is the plan at MDC if there is rain? What if Annies is too small for your party?
Good question and I hadn't even thought about it but they must have something.

Neha - Do you mind sharing the all inclusive information?

I haven't been doing too much lately other than gathering all the information I will need down the road. I will do more next month once air rates are available.

Rain? That is a good question... I'm sure they have some sort of indoor facility..otherwise, umbrellas for all!

I'm starting to freak out a little...MDC seems so expensive compared to other places in Jamaica and I'm not sure it's worth it. I am looking into switching to Sunset at the Palms...any advice? Also, I got a price list from Kim and just decorating the Aisle costs $50 according to the price list...it doesn't seem like ANYTHING is included in the "free" wedding!

I don't know how anyone ever gets married! Wedding planning is so stressful!

Don't stress! I guess it depends on what you want because MDC was more resonable than some of my other choices and no they aren't offering much but they don't have some of the other stipulations some other resorts have either. So you have to decide what works best for you and your budget.

Here is the all-inclusive info I got from Kim. I'm unclear as to if there are extra charges for the reception or not. I do know that if anyone staying at MDC with our party does AI than everyone that is staying at MDC has to. Also, they have to do AI the whole time they are there.

here 's the e-mail:

I will send you a pending deposit letter for your review. We are changing

over to an all-inclusive resort and the price will be $225 per person per

night based on double occupancy plus the 18.25% tax for a hotel room. The

cost for the one bedroom villa will be $295 per person per night based on

double occupancy plus 18.25% tax. The cost for Midnight Cove Villa is $245

per person per night based on double occupancy. If you are interested in

the new all-inclusive package please advise.