Sign in to follow this  
claudette

Moon Dance Cliffs

I actually am not going to stress too much over a dress. I mean I do plan on having a nice dress but that is one thing I can save cost on because I have a set price and I just can't see me paying an outrageous price for a dress that I will have on one evening for a few hours, I can still find something reasonably priced and look nice. I was supposed to be getting married in August so I had already looked at dresses in the beginning of Jan. at Demetrio's Bridal Salon; it's in the Macy's here. My co-worker got married back in October so she was always giving me her magazines when she was finished with them and I had started looking in magazines and online but the only dresses I really liked were by Demetrio’s, I mean I seen a few Vera Wang dresses that were nice but not in my budget. When I first started looking I was going to get a dress from Nordstrom's online, I don't want anything too big, hot, or heavy. The salon said it can take up to 6 months for the dress to come so I am going to order by Sept. I'm also thinking about going to the "Running of the Brides", at Filene's Basement because they have such good deals at those events but I have to go after the ciaos dies down, that may be too much drama. I think it will be fun and I'm interested in seeing what they have, the event will be in my area in April and July.

I am not getting a traditional wedding dress-I will be wearing an indian outfit for the wedding and reception. I have the wedding one-but haven't even started looking for the reception one...

Oh no! I'll never see my FI now with the computer in the room!

I've been looking at dresses and I'm definitely trying to keep the cost down as much as possible. Under 600 for the dress and accessories. Thankfully a lot of my favorite designers also make destination dresses that are way cheaper then their main line.

Hey guys! Hope you all are doing well!

I've been to "Running of the Brides" and I must say it's a bit crazier that I expected it to be. It was a lot of fun though but prepare to see the worst out of some people. I took my mom, MOH, & my aunt with me and they were great help...so be sure not to go by yourself. Oh....there were some people that tried to snatch a dress from me. Keep an eye on your dress/dresses at all times. Don't leave them hanging on the rack next to you cuz if you blink once, your dress is gone. That's how bad it was. I found a gorgeous dress (for the reception) for $250 (original price $2,000) and this bride and her friends/family were like following us to our car asking us to sell it to them. In the D.C. area, this event happens only once a year (first Friday of August) so if you're planning to call sick from work, be sure to cover up or something cuz the media was everywhere and your boss might see you on the 7 o'clock news...LOL.

I bought my ceremony dress from RK Bridal in NYC RK Bridal # 1 for service world-wide. I ordered it online using their “No-Frill†program. This place is awesome. Basically, you find the lowest price and they will much it by 5%. So what I did was I researched a lot and selected a dress I wanted, I went to the nearest bridal boutique that carry the dress and tried it on & got measured, then I called bridal stores in other states like NJ, PA, NC, CA...etc and asked their price…finally one store in Pennsylvania was willing to sell it for $550 (without tax & shipping). Then I called RK Bridal and told them the lowest price I found and they matched it by 5% so I paid $550 (including tax & shipping). In the DC area, the dress costs $1,200, I saved $650 :-) :-).

So be sure to call around and compare prices. I'm sure you'll save a lot. The wedding business is no joke! Everything is overpriced.

Have a good day and talk to you all later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taovandel View Post
I received some awesome pictures from Randy, finally. The place looks fantastic!
I'm sorry! I thought that someone had emailed them to you! Sorry! I totally would have sent them to you had I known that you still had not received them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenmartHOU View Post
Hi Claudette, all of the villas have a PC with free/unlimted internet access. None of the hotel rooms or suites have a computer.
Thanks so much Jen! Haha! I agree though with taovandel - I won't see my FI either once we get there! wink.gif

Hi ladies,

I wanted to reserve Stacey Clarke for videographer but she's booked on my date :-(. Do you have anyone that you recommend other than her? Thanks a lot!!