Moon Dance Cliffs

I've just booked my wedding for Moon Dance Cliffs for July 2010, I'm so excited! I was worried at first because they don't have direct beach access, but it looks so beautiful that I don't think anyone will care.

Hey girls! So much drama over the past few weeks...un-bride, glad everything got worked out- I would have been FREAKING! Our countdown is 51 days...yikes! Mostly caught up- I did find a great favor I wanted to share with all of you- it's a "Beach Memories Photo Album" on mrsweddingfavors.com...they're only about $2.50 and we are personalizing them by putting pictures in beforehand of us with our guests. The product ID on that website is: KA16004 in case anyone wants them!

Everything else is going pretty well...putting together song lists and stuff, last minute wedding dress details, etc. It's so soon! AACK!

• 2 weeks later...

July2010-welcome! I think you'll really like MDC. I was worried about the beach thing too, but a lot of my guests are staying at MDC for 2 or 3 nights and then going to a beach hotel 1 or 2 nights. Let us know if you have questions as you get started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by july2010 View Post
I've just booked my wedding for Moon Dance Cliffs for July 2010, I'm so excited! I was worried at first because they don't have direct beach access, but it looks so beautiful that I don't think anyone will care.
Aww what date if your wedding? Mine is July 10, 2010 @ MDC :).

Neha & UN-Bride your weddings are a month away OMG time flies! Is everything straight with MDC are you guys excited? I'm excited for you!!!

Mastistyle - What's your date? How's planning coming?

BTW I'm the worst, I bought a dress and don't want it and I'm reluctant to go find another one. I keep telling Kerry I am going to make my selections and have failed to do so. I want to pick my dress before choosing my bouquet and I'm still in the air about using the band or a DJ. Maybe after I hear you guys reviews I will get motivated and back on the ball. Please don't leave us hanging, when you get a chance fill us in wth all the lovely details. Best whishes to both of you and happy planning to everyone else!

Ladies I was told on more than one occasion the transfers are not included, but it may be different if you doing AI but I don't think so, make sure you double check. I was told that they are $20pp with minimum 4 people, it's $80from the airport so if you have 2 people they end up paying $40pp, the more people you have I think the cheaper.

Hi Ladies! We’re back from our honeymoon :-) and I’m a married woman now.....wooohooo!!!! LOL! How are you all doinghuh.gif? I miss you guys very much!!! I hope everything is going well for you guys! Don’t worry, everything will be beautiful!!!!!!!

We did the ceremony at the MDV (that’s where we stayed too) and the welcome dinner at the MDC. EVERYONE went above and beyond to meet all our needs! Words can’t explain how beautiful everything turned out. These people truly care about your needs and will do anything they can to make you happy! Not sure how many of you are working with Oneika but OMG…she is just AMAZING! I don’t even know where to begin but all our guests said this is the best wedding/vacation they’ve ever been to. I get teary eyed when I think of the ceremony and how BEAUTIFUL everything was. Like I said, words can’t describe it!!!! I wish I had my pictures to show you but they’re not ready yet. All I’m gonna say is that you are in good hands!!!! Everything will be great!!!!

Few suggestions……

Fire Dancer

If you can fit it in your budget, please consider hiring one! You will not be disappointed!!! We kept it secret from our guests and it was just a nice surprise! He was so much fun to watch and amazingly talented!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome/Rehearsal Dinner

I was considering Rockhouse and Pushcart restaurants but I am SO SO SO glad I chose to do it at the MDC!!! Those of you doing the wedding at the Villas, the Cliffs would be an excellent chose for welcome/rehearsal dinner. Those of you doing the wedding at the Cliffs, I still recommend doing the welcome/rehearsal dinner there unless you mind the fact that both the wedding & the welcome/rehearsal are taking place at the same resort. This place has views that are just out of this world!!!!! The sunset was the best any of our guests or I have seen!!!! The only reason we didn’t do the wedding and reception there was because we wanted it to be right on the beach. But I’m telling you…..that’s one beautiful resort with amazing views! Everyone at the MDC was soooo nice! The food was delicious! They didn’t charge us for the decorations, chairs, tables….etc. The theme I picked was Jamaican so they used different colors for the tablecloths and napkins, which gave it so much color. The event was set up on the cliff’s edge, on the deck of Annie’s restaurant, where they usually do the wedding receptions. It was a privet event so we had the whole area to ourselves, which was a plus! They had candles on the tables and tiki torches everywhere. With the sound of the waves and some smooth reggae songs, it was just so romantic!!!! Uh…I just want to go back!!!! The only bummer was the rain. It rained right before they served dessert. However, they immediately moved us to one of the Villas. I don’t even know when they set it up but plan B was ready and set to go. So the event continued in one of the villas and everyone had an awesome time!

TTD Shoots

Please please do this! It’s sooo much fun and you’ll have amazing pictures!!! I haven’t seen mine yet except for the few our photographer showed us on her camera but I just can’t wait to see them all! Our photographer suggested we rent a jet ski, which was an awesome idea!!! We cruised around with the wind blowing my veil before I trashed my beautiful dress. We had a lot of fun! My dress turned out to be completely fine! As Claudette suggested, I took a shower with my gown on after the shoots :-) :-). It was just soo funny! Don’t forget to take some pictures if you decide to do this. It’s all part of the fun!

I could go on and on about the wedding, reception…etc. but it’s just better to show you the pictures (when they’re ready) as “a picture is worth a thousand words”. In the mean time, please feel free to ask me any questions! I would LOVE to help in anyway I could :-). Happy Planning!

One love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Rebecca