Moon Dance Cliffs

Glad to see everyone is doing fairly well!

I miss this board a lot!

Not sure who remembers me--I was supposed to get married in JA in October...but found out I was pregnant in March and had to cancel all my plans.

My wedding is next Sunday!!! I can't believe how quickly it snuck up on me.

I can't wait to hear all about your fabulous Jamaican weddings and I hope that one day I'll be able to make my way to Jamaica!

Hi Taovandel,

Thanks a lot for stopping by to check on us. So nice to hear from you! I'm very happy for you and wish you all the best!!! I'm sure you're wedding will be as beautiful as you imagined it to be! Can't wait to hear about it and see some pics :-). Claudette's wedding was a week ago. She's probably on her honeymoon now. I'm sure she'll contact us soon to let us know how it turned out. Mine is 75 days away. Can't believe how fast time is flying. We're having a big reception in Virginia two weeks after our wedding so Iâ€m spending a lot of my time in planning for that now. Hope all else is well with you. Enjoy every minute of your Big Day! Again, wish you all the best!!!

Hello All,

I'm still around and planning. We have changed our date for the 3rd and final time to 5/15/10. I am now trying to decide if I want to now do the AI option. As I stated in my last post I would speak to them about the price differences and Linus addressed the sitution for me and hopefully since then things have gotten better for you all.

Taovandel-congrants on your new plans and it will still be wonderful, now you'll be really glowing!

Claudette-can't wait till you return with all the good news from your big day!

Happy planning to you All!

Hello ladies!!!! I'm back! And MARRIED! Woohoo! :) It will take me a while to write a thorough review, but let me start by easing everyone's nerves and saying that Moon Dance Cliffs exceeded my expectations!

Everything was SO beautiful and the staff went above and beyond to ensure our wedding day was perfect! Linus and Kerry were AMAZING! And Richard, the manager, was unbelievable! How I wish I had been in contact with Richard before, as he truly knows the meaning of "customer service"! And the place is an absolute dream! You feel as though you are in a movie as soon as you arrive! All my guests were thrilled with the hotel and I couldn't have been happier with the venue myself!

We had some issues, including one suitcase that got "lost" from Delta and didn't arrive until Sunday - one day AFTER the wedding that had the wedding favors, tealights, and my husband's and I's wedding shoes! After getting teary-eyed over it on Saturday morning, Kerry assured me that everything would be perfect even with these items missing and proceeded to make sure that everything was beautiful! They did things I didn't even ask them to do: put ribbons up on the gazebo with bows in my colors, decorate the cake table and the dessert table, and take care of all the little details like the guestbook, wedding wish box, etc. And it turned out beautifully!

A couple of things that I have to mention b/c I loved them so much:

1) Slideshow projected on the pond:

There's a pond right near the dance floor - I had this dream where I saw pictures projected onto a pool - I asked Kerry if she thought it was possible. She had her doubts, but her and DJ (DJ Paul was awesome and I highly recommend him by the way) tried it out and it worked great! There was the slight issue with the fact that the CD of pictures we had chosen was alas in the lost suitcase, but my future sister-in-law put together a quick CD of abour 30 pics and those were projected out over the pond! It was super cute! And I guess Moon Dance liked the idea a lot too because there's actually a permanent structure for the projector now! :)

2) Fire Dancer:

Wow!!! I am SO glad that we had the fire dancer and even happier with the fact that we kept it a secret from everyone (including my parents)! They all LOVED it! Highly recommend him! (I don't even know his name, but Kerry was the one who got him for us)

3) Lights

On Friday, I asked DJ Paul to add the basic lighting package and wow! What a difference! The hotel had a party on Thurs. night and I saw how dark it could be in the gazebo, so I just asked for the basic lighting package and I am so glad that I did! I loved the lights and it just added that extra touch to make it feel like a wedding rather than a random party.

Okay, enough writing since I know it's a lot to take in! But I am back and here to answer any and all of your questions! And if you're like me, pictures say a thousand words, so here's a link to our wedding slideshow that Brian has already put up (he was WONDERFUL!!!) Wedding Photography by Brian Nejedly - Jamaica, Mexico, St. Lucia, Barbados, Caribbean

If you want to skim through the 800 pics he took, just go to private galleries and enter the password: junker

Oh and if you want to see some trash the dress pics, just let me know and I'll send you the link! I feel odd about posting them on here since they are fairly intimate! wink.gif

And if you go to: YouTube - Jamaicawedding2009's Channel you will find some clips that a friend of ours filmed.

Bottom line, everything was great and I have no doubt that all of you will have an amazing time! Hubby and I want to go back so badly - so if anyone wants some extra guests at your wedding, let us know! Hehe! wink.gif

Taovandel, hope everything is going well with you! So excited for you and your new family!

Meena, I will be talking with you soon!

Hugs to all!

Claudette

Claudette, congratulations. Your pictures are beautiful. A quick question about your table decorations. Did Moon Dance do those for you or did you arrange to have them done by a florist? And if I could be so bold, do you remember approximately how much they cost.

Congrats again!

Claudette CONGRATS!!! everything looked very nice, especially you! I have a question I have the option to do AI for $125pp per day which is a bit much to me because I don't really like AI since I'm always on the go but do you think it's worth it and how was the alcoholic beverages if you or any of your guest had them, that's the real question, LOL

Claudette, gorgeous pics! You look amazing!

Congratulations- glad the wedding was everything you hoped for. =)

My update: still in planning mode... we got our plane tickets and so have our parents, so we're definitely getting married in November at MDC! (no matter who else shows up =) ). We are trying to figure out our reception decor right now...I really like the table runner with a few centerpieces look. I think we're going to go with that.

One question- what is everyone doing for favors/welcome bags? I'm trying to find something small and useful for our guests! I found some seashell bottle openers that are cute, but I don't know...

Anyway, I'm starting to get excited! Time's flying by! Hope everyone else is doing well.

Claudette-

Your wedding was out of this world BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!! I have the same colors and I am sooo glad that I do, because everything turned out so amazing. I love the rose/starfish arrangements that you had on the chairs lining the isle. Your dress is so pretty and you are one skinny bride (your pictures motivated me to get to the gym)! It looks like all of your guests had a blast! Where/how did you book DJ Paul? I really want to make sure that our DJ is really good and I watched some of your video and he seemed really fun and like he had good energy. Your cake was so pretty. I am trying to figure out how to steal a picture of your cake table b/c I want my cake to be that exact same thing (if you have a pic you could send me that would be so awesome Sparkles8300@hotmail.com). I also love the fact that they pulled off that slideshow for you. How cool is that!!!!!! At what point in the night did you suprise everyone with the fire dancer? After the cake cutting? Also, (sorry for a million questions) could you email me the link to your TTD shoot. We are doing our TTD at Moon Dance Cliffs & Villas during our honeymoon so any location suggestions would be awesome. I def want a picture of us holding hands and jumping off the cliffs. I am so happy for you guys & wish you the best with your new live as husband and wife!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey18 View Post
Claudette, congratulations. Your pictures are beautiful. A quick question about your table decorations. Did Moon Dance do those for you or did you arrange to have them done by a florist? And if I could be so bold, do you remember approximately how much they cost.

Congrats again!

Hi Stacey!

Thank you! I actually had the florist do the centerpieces and the table runners and then I brought some shells for the table (bought them at Pearl Craft Stores, very similar to Michaels) that Kerry placed around the table. And I could be wrong, but I think that Moon Dance picked up the petals from the aisle after the ceremony and placed them around the tables as well.

Now that I've been there and seen how helpful Moon Dance was with everything, I would simply ask Kerry if she could do the same arrangement for cheaper. The centerpieces were $35 a piece. At first I thought I would just bring down my own centerpiece, but then the more I thought about it and the closer it got to my wedding, I realized it was definitely easier to have someone else take care of the centerpiece! And since we were such a small group and didn't have that many tables, the cost was not bad.

Since we didn't receive our suitcase until Sunday evening, I am definitely glad that we did NOT decide to bring our own centerpieces!

Hope this helps and let me know if you need anything else! Good luck and happy planning!

Claudette