Moon Dance Cliffs

I recommend calling Kim or Miriam if you have concerns over the AI thing. Kim was helpful when I talked to her yesterday and reassured me that the prices I was originally quoted (the grand opening rates) won't change especially since we have a deposit on all the rooms. I'm not sure how it will work if you don't already have deposits on rooms.. but speak to them. They've been very reasonable and easy to work with from day 1, since we reserved our wedding date.

As far as vendors, I do recommend reserving bigger things like the photographer and DJ/band as early as possible. I feel like I can wait on decor/ flowers (hope I'm not wrong on this!) :) I emailed the DJ Kim recommended (Sound Illusions).. curious to see if there is a price difference. Thanks for the info on keeping Jamaican currency in mind.

Let's all stay calm!! :)

Hey girls,

I didn't mean to throw everything into chaos! Sorry! I just wanted to share the AI information I got, but from what Kim tells me, we definitely don't HAVE to go AI, so I'm sure they will be flexible.

Also, did everyone get their 'contract' over e-mail? I thought they would send a paper contract....Is the e-mail thing normal? Also, are they giving you this 3% service charge crap? (you lose 3% no matter what if you don't use all the rooms you originally book). One more question- airport transfers. Does MDC pay for any/all of them?

Aaargh! This is so frustrating!! MDC does not seem like they are very organized! I'm just gonna have to let go of my control-freakish natureshots.gif

Okay, I lied- one more question...this may be somewhere else in the thread, but how much are people paying per person for the reception (incl. open bar?)? Randy keeps telling us it depends on what we order...So if you all don't mind sharing..

Neha,

We got our contract through email..I'm sure they'll send you one in the mail if you ask. You do lose 3% of your 20% deposit if MDC has to credit your credit card at the time of cancellation. You can avoid the 3% charge if you roll that deposit money over to any remaining room balances that you're not canceling and then have your guests reimburse you the money (if you're comfortable with this). Does this make sense or did I complicate thingshuh.gif

It is $115 per person plus tax and service charge (about 20%) for reception food and open bar. They have an extensive buffet menu to choose from and you can pay extra for certain foods such as lobster or filet mignon. I attached the menu (hopefully it attaches, if not feel free to send me a private message with your email address and I can send it to you.) Attachment 3471

WEDDING PACKAGES.doc

I recommend calling Kim or Miriam if you have concerns over the AI thing. Kim was helpful when I talked to her yesterday and reassured me that the prices I was originally quoted (the grand opening rates) won't change especially since we have a deposit on all the rooms. I'm not sure how it will work if you don't already have deposits on rooms.. but speak to them. They've been very reasonable and easy to work with from day 1, since we reserved our wedding date.

I did speak to Miriam and I asked her a few questions. She did confirm that everyone that originally booked will be fine the AI is for new bookings. She also said if I need more rooms for my date they will be offered the same things other than the grand opening rates. I asked her about the vendors pricing and she said that there are no kickbacks and that she will speak to the owner and Linus about the pricing differences to find out why there is a difference. She said she will call me back or have one of them get in contact with me. I asked her if the WC services are complementary and then we still have to book things on our own to get better pricing from the same vendors then is the WC services only for the day of your ceremony services. She said she understood my concern and would check the situation out. So hopefully we can find out what the issue is. So once she gets back to me I will do what you suggested because I don't want to run into the vendors I really want being booked, thanks for the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnmb1021 View Post

As far as vendors, I do recommend reserving bigger things like the photographer and DJ/band as early as possible. I feel like I can wait on decor/ flowers (hope I'm not wrong on this!) :) I emailed the DJ Kim recommended (Sound Illusions).. curious to see if there is a price difference. Thanks for the info on keeping Jamaican currency in mind.

Let's all stay calm!! :)

I did speak to Miriam and I asked her a few questions. She did confirm that everyone that originally booked will be fine the AI is for new bookings. She also said if I need more rooms for my date they will be offered the same things other than the grand opening rates. I asked her about the vendors pricing and she said that there are no kickbacks and that she will speak to the owner and Linus about the pricing differences to find out why there is a difference. She said she will call me back or have one of them get in contact with me. I asked her if the WC services are complementary and then we still have to book things on our own to get better pricing from the same vendors then is the WC services only for the day of your ceremony services. She said she understood my concern and would check the situation out. So hopefully we can find out what the issue is. So once she gets back to me I will do what you suggested because I don't want to run into the vendors I really want being booked, thanks for the advice.

Mastistyle - there are some tour compainies that may give you a different price. Funny Dominque called me today to ask how planning was going!

Hey all! nobody's posted in a while...We've signed our contract and are putting the deposit down Monday! I'm so excited to finally have the place booked! We did decide on the AI option so if anyone has questions about specifics, PM me.

Also, I bought my dress! Things are finally coming together.smile72.gif

One quick question- we are trying to figure out our photographer and have spoken to Sungold and Saab so far. Any suggestions on how long to get the photographer for and if the "associate" photographers are any good? I looked at the websites but they only have a few pics by the associate photographers. It's certainly a lot cheaper to go that route though! We're thinking the 5 hour package...think that's enough time to get the wedding and some of the reception?

I seem to go in cycles of wedding planning! The past 2 weeks have been consumed with beginning the project of building our house! Too many projects!! Congrats on reserving your wedding and buying your dress Neha!

With a 5 hour photo package you probably won't get pictures of you and your wedding party getting ready or if you have pictures of getting ready, you'll have less of the reception.. something to think about.

We looked into Sungold and Saab.. I liked both but felt that their pricing was too expensive for the amount of coverage they provided. I tried to like the associates given the cost savings but they really didn't measure up. We ended up going with a photographer that we're flying in from VA. His name is Aaron Watson. His destination package includes an engagement photo shoot (we're going to have this done when he travels to the Boston area to visit his family), shooting the rehearsal dinner, full wedding day coverage and a TTD session the day after! We'll be paying about $1000 for his travel and lodging but then he gives back the amount we spend on his travel expenses as a full credit for buying prints and albums! It works out that it will cost us about the same as it would for one day Sungold or Saab coverage and we're getting so much more. Aaron Watson Photography - Destination Wedding Photographer

I have received a few emails about Moon Dance Cliffs, as I shot there just last week. I have added a few photos to my blog and I will let the Groom who is on the boards post his reviews of the resort.

As far as photography, light is key as the sun sets very quickly in Jamaica. It goes from harsh light all day to sunset very quick, so allow your photographer the time for formals. I shot a day after shoot for a few hours as we ran out of light after finishing group formals. If you are having an afternoon wedding, be aware the sun sets directly behind the gazebo which is covered in shade. The resort is not lush, as it is new, so open shade is very limited for formals. I always recommend having a day after shoot on all destination weddings at different locations. Also make sure your photographer if not local arrives at least a full day prior to the event. Our flights were delayed leaving and arriving so plan accordingly with your vendors.

Overall a great trip, heading back to Negril in just a few weeks for another shoot.