Moon Dance Cliffs

Claudette,

Good idea on starting this thread! Your website is great, I may need some of that information hope you don't mind!

Sparkles,

Your DIY STD are beautiful, I wish!!! Did you get the ideas from this site?

I am soooo behind and need to get my act together smile116.gif!!!

Thanks for the information on the shuttle but how far is the beach?

I assume the best photographers are Sungold and Saab?

Please keep posting information because I am doing this by myself and FI is not a planner at all. My mother is not a social person at all so she and my Father got married at the Justice of Peace, not much help. My sister sends mixed messages, so I don't talk about it much with her either. My friends from time to time ask what the status is on our planning but that's it. I'm just happy I found this web site to have some people to communicate with that 's interested and helpful. Hopefully when I get my act together with planning they may take it more serious and get involved. Thanks for all the information

Hey everyone!

I got an email from Kerry as well - my guess is that Linus will get more involved in the details once the date gets closer and that Kerry is just collecting the preliminary information - Sparkles, I also had asked her for the preferred vendor list and she still hasn't sent it to me - oh well - I'm sure one of us will get it soon and then we can share it! :)

As far as photographers go, I've heard wonderful things about Sungold and Saab - I don't know if they are the best, but I do know that their pictures look wonderful to me! I'm not sure about sungold's package pricing, but I'm attaching something that Michael Saab sent me. He told me in the email that there is also a $200 travel fee to Negril.

ssleenyc, I would say leave it up to your guests to decide what they want to do with regards to AI - they can add it if they want to and a lot of my friends have already said they prefer not to have it.

I haven't looked into Rehearsal dinner options at all - have you received a quote from anyone about it? I think it would be nice to do one at the Cliffs, but if it's too expensive I also think it would be really cute to just go someplace local...

I'll keep you all updated on what I hear from Kerry! :)

Hugs,

Claudette

Package 2009-1.pdf

Finally put the deposit down and picked out the dates! We will be there from October 28th through October 31st!

I keep hearing from different places that you have to be in Jamaica for either 24 hours or 48 hours before being able to get married---does anyone know what the correct one is?

Hey everyone!

Taovandel, I'm not sure what the exact requirement is - I have heard both as well - just in case I plan on being there 48 hours beforehand, but Kerry has only asked me for copies of birth certificates and passports (which can be scanned and emailed)...nothing mentioned about 48 hours...

I've been emailing back and forth with Kerry...she sent me a "wedding outline" that I was supposed to fill out - I will attach the wedding outline here so you can see what I'm talking about - I was kind of annoyed in all honesty, because there didn't really seem to be anything to "fill out". The form lacked organization and this bothered me since I am not very organized and am hoping to have a wedding coordinator completely on top of things!

The wedding outline, in my opinion, was more like we're charging this for chairs, this for tables, (this also seems a bit ridiculous - weren't our weddings supposed to be complimentary?!), we like these people for flowers, we go with this minister, etc. What I did in my reply was include some pictures of decorations and flowers and ribbons that I liked, but I'm guessing they want numbers of tables and chairs which I obviously cannot give her until I know the number of guests we're having! :)

Also, nowhere on the celebrations menu (I think Sparkles has attached the menu somewhere in this thread but I can email it if anyone needs it!) does it mention drinks - now, at $115/pp I am expecting for this to be an open bar. I emailed Kerry today to doublecheck, but I'm guessing we were all kind of assuming this correct?

Argh, I must say I'm just a bit disappointed but hoping that I'll feel better about things soon!

Oh, I also found a link to a snapfish album on tripadvisor of more recent photos of the resort - there is a photographer on the tripadvisor forum that cautions there is no sundeck on the resort property as seen in the snapfish album but oh well! I know from a bride who was married there over Thanksgiving that they were definitely able to get into the water!

Snapfish: Share:Registration

Here is the link to the tripadvisor forum:

Negril forum: Moon Dance Cliffs Construction - TripAdvisor

(scroll down to the last posting for the photographer review)

wedding_outline[1].doc

Taovandel, congratulations on becoming a Moon Dance Cliffs bride! I left that out of my previous post - I've been really bad about that! But welcome and congrats!!! :)

I have just a bit more regarding Rehearsal Dinner options - I emailed the restaurant at Negril Escape because I had read on tripadvisor (I really like that site in case you can't tell! Hehe!) that it was a great restaurant and a bride had her rehearsal dinner there and said it was awesome!

The general manager just emailed me back with a quote, which I tried attaching but it's too large - let me know if you're interested and I can email it to you - I think it's quite reasonable, so it's definitely going on our list as a potential.

I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple of other places and will let you know when I do!

Hugs,

Claudette

Yes, that $115 does include open bar. My FI and I freaked out a few days ago b/c she told him that it was just for food. I went bridezilla and was crying & ready to cancel the wedding and move it to another resort b/c when we did the site visit, the food manager told us it would be $60-$80, which I was fine with. I made him call back and Miram said that she was mistaken and the $115 does include an open bar. That is still somewhat resonable considering what the prices would be for this same thing at home. It still pissed me off because I was told it would be way less before I booked. Oh well, I guess I learned the hard way to get things in writing!

Kerry seems like she does not really know whats going on. I email her questions and she answers some of them and not others. I wish we could just work with Linus or Omeka from MDV b/c I heard from other brides that they are very organized and on top of things. Hopefully Kerry will get the hang of things soon. Also, a lot of things were spelled wrong etc.. in her email and it just did not give me a good feeling.

Also, about the sundeck, the deck is part of Tensing Pen (I think thats the name) which is located right nextdoor. You could walk over the cliffs to get to it. I am assuming that he will either put in a walkway to make it easier to get to, or build his own sundeck and/or ladder into the water. As of right now you have to jump off the cliff to get in.

I am not trying to complain but it is frustrating to feel like things are not going as I was told they were going to. Everyone I met on my site vist was amazing and that is why we booked. Why do I feel like Kerry just does not fit in with all of the other people that work there?! They are all so helpful and eager to please and she does not seem to care or be that in the know about anything.

big3n09-- I will post the pricing list for Sungold as soon as Paula emails me back. I was cleaning out my inbox last week and must have deleted it out by accident. I def need a copy of it so I know what I am paying for since I already booked my date and put down a $500 deposit. She is ususally very fast at getting back to me so I will post it as soon as she sends it over.

Oh my...you guys are making me so nervous! My Fiance just got a phone call to confirm everything and to let us know that the coordinator would be in contact with me in the next day or so....so I was thinking that they seemed pretty on top of things....but I'm a highly organized person and the stuff I'm hearing is making me nervous!

Can you book without an open bar for the reception dinner and just have drinks billed directly to the guest room? Only 3 or 4 of my guests would drink anything...