Moon Dance Cliffs

Hi everyone!  I  just wanted to thank all of you for weighing in on the tent issue.  So I've since e-mailed Kerry and told her we DEFINITELY wanted the reception at Annie's, so no tent.  We will stick to the trees for the lanterns.  Speaking of, has anyone found good prices for them online?  Or does the resort have any on hand? 

Chris and I are starting to get very nervous that we haven't heard from the DJ (Kevan Stewart) since April of this year.  I've sent him a few confirmation e-mails in the past month, with updates on the playlist and key songs (first dance/cake cutting) etc....and no response. I know it's "Island time" and everything....but my last e-mail interchange with him was right after the PayPal deposit was put down, he confirmed he received the deposit...I asked him to reply with a copy of the contract with his signature...and never heard from him since.  Has anyone used Kevan?  I see tons of great reviews, but I'm really getting nervous at this point. 

Jacki - 1 month from today!!  Hooray!

One month, one month!  I cannot believe it!!!

HMM-- I bought some of my lanterns from the the Buy/Sell forum on this website, and then I also bought some more lanterns from http://www.jadetime.com/.   The JadeTime ones are much nicer, and they were dirt cheap.  Like $1-$2 each.  They kill you with the shipping, but I guess that is how they make their money.  I bought the lights for the lanterns from Luna Bazaar.  I hope to be able to resell them after my wedding to recoup some of those costs, so I will let you know in case you are interested in the portable LED lights for the lanterns. 

I dont know what to tell you about DJ Kevan, although I have always heard amazing reviews on him.  We are using Sound Illusion through Kerry, and I have had ZERO contact with him.  I emailed her last week asking her whether she was giving him our play lists, etc., or whether I needed to be doing it, but I havent heard back from Kerry either.  I know she is sometimes slow to respond, but now that we are within 30 days I was hoping she would speed up her response time.  Island time is so hard for us Americans I suppose! 

I have the same idea about having a band for the welcome dinner.  Which mento band did you all choose? and did you book them through Kerry or through the band? Kerry suggested Front Page Band but I didn't want to go with them.  Anyone else have any suggestions?

We are doing Sound Illusion for the wedding reception.  I tried to book through the website but haven't really received a response.  Did anyone book through the website or did you do it through Kerry?

Originally Posted by whiggrrl View Post

I have the same idea about having a band for the welcome dinner.  Which mento band did you all choose? and did you book them through Kerry or through the band? Kerry suggested Front Page Band but I didn't want to go with them.  Anyone else have any suggestions?

We are doing Sound Illusion for the wedding reception.  I tried to book through the website but haven't really received a response.  Did anyone book through the website or did you do it through Kerry?

We used the mento band the coordinator at MDV recommended. They were amazing. Seriously. Front Page is a full reggae band whereas the mento band are acoustical performers who perform folky traditional Jamacian songs- and some newer stuff. I'll upload some pics of each so you can see the difference. We had Front Page play the night before the wedding. While they were great in their own right, if you have a party crowd that really likes to dance, I'd definitely get a DJ for the wedding reception. We used Sound Illusion, booked through MDV. They kept us dancing all night and even played for longer than we had planned when we asked them to.

I know it seems strange, and I struggled with it too, but you really can book just about everything through the CO.

I have some Front Page demos I can email to anyone interested. Just PM me your address.

Also, I have some lanterns left if anyone wants to buy them. I bought them from  Pearl River Mart in NYC. They're white and in great condition. I'll send pics to anyone interested.

PS- we really agonized over our playlist for Sound Illusion and shouldn't have. Just make sure you tell them what songs you want for cake cutting, father/daughter, mother/son, first dance etc and any other "must haves" ie mom/daughter, grandparents, MOH and lea e the rest to them because it seems to me they know what they're doing and they really didn't follow our request list aside from the major "must have" songs.

OMG Lara Jo, thank you so much! I think we will go with Front Page for our welcome dinner and we are definitely doing Sound Illusion for the reception.

Regarding the tent issue, we are stuck with it because we have at least 40 people coming.  Has anyone else had the tent and if so, how did you decorate it?

also, is there a way to maybe eat under the tent but set up the dj and dance in Annie's?

Originally Posted by whiggrrl View Post

OMG Lara Jo, thank you so much! I think we will go with Front Page for our welcome dinner and we are definitely doing Sound Illusion for the reception.

Regarding the tent issue, we are stuck with it because we have at least 40 people coming.  Has anyone else had the tent and if so, how did you decorate it?

also, is there a way to maybe eat under the tent but set up the dj and dance in Annie's?

Definitely! If you friend me on FB (lara taibi) you can see a bunch of pictures my friends/family took over the course of our stay. I wanted the guests to have entertainment each night and to create a relaxed environment for the first two nights and to have the wedding reception. E the big celebration. 

I'll upload pics when I get home tonight. If you send me your email address, I'll email you the Front Page demo songs.

Sorry I can't give you any feedback on MDC/Annie's. I would, though, recommend that you ask Kerry about the set up ideas you have bc they're pretty flexible. At least at the Villas. For example, a lot of the MDV weddings take place under flower arches but instead of doing that, we asked if we could get married under one of the trees on the beach. It was not a problem at all :)

Hello

Im just reading the forum for the first time and joined about 10 minutes ago, every one seems soooo helpful.  Im getting married at MDC July 28th 2012.  Who was the DJ at your wedding from sound illlusions and did he MC or just play a play list.  It seems like I get really mixed reviews regarding the DJ and the band.  Any opinions would be a great help.