Moon Dance Cliffs

Originally Posted by LaraJo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmob View Post

@joanna12, I would let your coordinator know of a liqour preference. We stayed at MDV but had a dinner at the Cliffs and both places were very accomandating. Regarding a plated meal, we never requested any, but all of our breakfast and lunch meals were brought to our table (when we ate at the Villas), however, our dinners were served buffet style with all guests at the resort. They appeared to have enough staff to served plated, but I am sure there will be an extra fee!

Hey everyone. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

@dmbo, Really? You had all of your dinners with the other folks at the villas? That's a little disappointing since we will have all of the villas but the 2 bedroom and I was told that we could have a welcome cocktail reception and dinner as well as a rehearsal dinner. I'm okay with it being buffet, but would prefer if our group were able to eat in a more private setting. Did you have any similar events? Also, how was the wedding reception dinner handled in terms of the other MDV guests?

Thanks!

Yes we did, we booked all the Villas  for my daughter's wedding, so we had a beach welcome party the first night, a sunset dinner at the Cliffs the following night and a wedding with a tent reception on the beach the 3rd night. Our guests really enjoyed these meals and having the time to mingle with the bride and groom, family and meeting new friends. Breakfast and lunch was served to the guests at their individual Villas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraJo View Post

Quote:

@joanna12, I would let your coordinator know of a liqour preference. We stayed at MDV but had a dinner at the Cliffs and both places were very accomandating. Regarding a plated meal, we never requested any, but all of our breakfast and lunch meals were brought to our table (when we ate at the Villas), however, our dinners were served buffet style with all guests at the resort. They appeared to have enough staff to served plated, but I am sure there will be an extra fee!

Hey everyone. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

@dmbo, Really? You had all of your dinners with the other folks at the villas? That's a little disappointing since we will have all of the villas but the 2 bedroom and I was told that we could have a welcome cocktail reception and dinner as well as a rehearsal dinner. I'm okay with it being buffet, but would prefer if our group were able to eat in a more private setting. Did you have any similar events? Also, how was the wedding reception dinner handled in terms of the other MDV guests?

Thanks!

Yes we did, we booked all the Villas  for my daughter's wedding, so we had a beach welcome party the first night, a sunset dinner at the Cliffs the following night and a wedding with a tent reception on the beach the 3rd night. Our guests really enjoyed these meals and having the time to mingle with the bride and groom, family and meeting new friends. Breakfast and lunch was served to the guests at their individual Villas.

Thanks dmob. That makes much more sense - I didn't realize that your party occupied the entire space. We have all but the 2 bedroom booked and I read your post to mean that the other non-wedding party guests would be eating dinners with us. I absolutely want everyone attending our wedding to share their evening meals so that they have more of an opportunity to get to know one another. That is the main reason we opted for a villa setting instead of a more traditional resort. Thanks again!

Originally Posted by sarah1981 View Post

Hello everyone I am new to this thread, I have spent time  reading this thread from the beginning until now....and can I say that I am still undecided!

Congrats! your wedding looks so amazing....I love the colors.  The table looks wonderful!....I am scheduled to get married at MDC on july 5th 2011.  I am still having second thoughts about this place, I have until Jan to get my deposit back if i chose to go elsewhere.  I am having about the same amount of people at my wedding also maybe 20 guest including my FI and I. 

I am still little concerned about all the extras we would have to pay...like tables, chairs, etc.  It really bugs me, so this is why am still undecided...I have been looking into iberostar also but still not sold on it.

I am already at14k and that is just for accomodations and reception.  I am wondering just how much more i will have to spend to complete everything!  I am really stressed! any information anyone can provide to help this decision easier for me will be greatly appreciated.

I also want to look into a different cake vendor maybe form Mobay area as I don't really like the construction of Miss myrie's cakes.

Sarah,

I understand your concerns but I think the tables came out to be $50.  Since you have such a small group you will probably only need 4 tables and if you use the resort's chairs I think they only charge $2/chair.  I splurged and ordered the chivari chairs from the florist but that was just a personal choice.  I did a ton of research when we decided to do a destination wedding and Moon Dance Cliffs was a no brainer for us.  We knew that we'd be footing the bill for the wedding ourselves and every other resort we looked at charged you a fee to have a wedding at their resort and charged even more if you wanted a private reception.  Moon Dance includes all of this if you book a total of 10 rooms for 3 nights or more.  Plus they do a welcome/rehearsal dinner and farewell brunch as well which is again included in the accommodations price.  Good luck and I hope you find the perfect resort for you and your fiance!

Gina

@gpendleton...Thank you very much for your words.  I have been research...lotscheesy.gif.

I have decided to stay with MDC...because of all the wonderful reviews I read and just thought what the heck I am only doing this once so may as well do it how I want it without any regrets.

Thanks again for a great review and your response it really help me.  I feel at ease for the moment until all the crazy planning starts..lol

Thanks againsmile03.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Iâ€m back and Iâ€m married!  Let me start by saying I had the most perfect wedding ever and that it was seriously “the best time ever!†to quote a friend of mine at the weddingcheesy.gif  But hereâ€s my more detailed review:

At the airport we had a hard time finding the Moon Dance shuttle driver.  There was no one holding a sign, so one of the local tour drivers there called Moon Dance for us and found out driver waiting in the parking lot.  He was very helpful so of course we tipped him.  Maybe we were a little early, Iâ€m not sure.  So donâ€t be afraid to ask one of the other tour drivers to help you find the Moon Dance driver – you may have to.  The drive itself was just fine, and when we got to Moon Dance we were greeted by the staff and they had welcome drinks ready for us.  Very nice!  They immediately took our bags and helped us all check in. 

Moon Dance Cliffs:  It was pretty much exactly as I expected from the photographs.  Very pretty.  We had a group of 40 people so we pretty much had the whole place to ourselves.  The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and knew everyoneâ€s names.  They have hairdryers in the rooms, but no iron or ironing boards.  You have to send things out to be pressed if you need something ironed.  The villas donâ€t have closets, but they have armoires with a hanging section in them.  They have shampoo, soap, and shower gel, but no conditioner (so donâ€t forget your own J)  Oh and I highly recommend drinking a dirty banana!  Sooo yummy :)

Sea Wind Resort:  We had a welcome dinner here on Thursday night and it was so much fun!  Itâ€s on the beach and they had a bonfire for us and I hired a reggae band through them as well.  Everyone was up and dancing and it was just a great time!  They even had African drummers play for us as a surprise.  They were really great to work with leading up to the event and I contracted the transportation through them as well.  I highly recommend them for a beach dinner.

PushCart:  We had our rehearsal dinner here on Friday night and they were also wonderful.  My MIL planned it all, but I was frequently copied on her emails.  She is very detail oriented and they were really good about responding to all of her questions.  She hired Floral Fantasies to do the table decorations and they were very pretty.  We shut the place down for our party and hired a mento band.  The mento band was late, but they did play for the full two hours that we hired them for.  I wasnâ€t really drinking this night, but I heard from everyone that the drinks were good and strong J  The food was good, and I highly recommend the seafood frittaz as an appetizer if you go – they were delicious!  We had our tables set up outside for dinner and it started raining at that time – they were so fast and picked everything up and moved it under the covered portion within minutes!  Great service cheesy.gif

Other restaurants:  We went to dinner at Ivanâ€s at Catcha Falling Star one night with a group of about 22 people.   It was absolutely delicious and the restraint was really pretty overlooking the cliffs.  DH and a friend went to Three Dives for some jerk one afternoon and absolutely loved it as well.  They said it was the best jerk they had.  But keep in mind that it is not a fancy place at all, more of a roadside feel to it.  The last night there we went to LTU Pub with a group of about 22 again.  Unfortunately we had a bad experience there.  They were not equipped at all to handle that many people at once and we waited 2.5 hours for our dinner and 1 hour to get our drinks…  I thought the food was good once we got it, but one of my friends got food poisoning that night angry.gif

The wedding!!  Like I said it all went perfectly!  I did my hair trial a few days before the wedding day.  I showed him a few pictures and he got it just right!  So the day of the wedding it only took about 45 minutes for him to do my hair.  One of my friends did my make-up.  She and I went to several different makeup counters and did a few trials at home and then wrote out everything we used so we wouldnâ€t forget.  She did an amazing job and I loved my makeup!  Throughout it all Kerry was coordinating everything so that it all went perfectly.  The steel pan band was good from what I remember, although I was kinda distracted by the wedding ya know ;) 

We met with the officiant the day before the ceremony.  We wrote the ceremony for him to use and then we also wrote personal vows. 

I used Floral Fantasies for our flowers and the reception centerpieces.  The bouquets were pretty much what I asked for as were the centerpieces, so I think she did a good job.  We had hanging orchids around the gazebo, which were really pretty!  But in the wind the kept blowing up onto the groom during the ceremony.  So I would recommend weighting them down with a crystal or something so that they donâ€t start flying during your ceremony J  I would also recommend that  you make sure you have a lot of candles on your dining tables for lighting while you eat dinner.  Some of our candles blew out in the wind and then it was hard to see what you were eating.  But the setup really was beautiful!

I used Cherry to do my wedding cake, mostly b/c she was $100 cheaper that Margaret Myrie.  The cake looked similar to what I asked, and it tasted pretty good too.  We had a chocolate cake with coconut cream filling and a buttercream frosting.  It didnâ€t melt at all btw.   

We used Kevan Stewart (DJ Vaun) as our DJ.  He met with us the day before the wedding as well and went over what music we wanted for each special dance and then what type of music we wanted for dinner and what type for dancing.  He also asked if it would be okay to take requests or not from our guests and then he also let us know that he could download any song that people might request within a few minutes b/c MDC has wifi – really cool!  He got a good vibe for our group and our group was dancing the entire night – it was soooo much fun!  No one wanted the dancing to end.  He also went above and beyond in my book because he got there really early the day of the wedding to let us use his pa system for the wedding ceremony and also to let the videographer tap into his mic feed if she needed too. 

I used Donnette Peterson from Exotic Dream Weddings as our videographer.  She was really nice to work with and very reasonably priced.  I havenâ€t seen the video yet, so I canâ€t comment on the product yet. 

The food was really good, but the one thing that I heard raves about was the potatoes au gratin, everyone went back for seconds of those!

I really felt like I had the most perfect wedding ever!  I couldnâ€t believe how beautifully it all came together and how much fun we all had.  Please ask any questions you want and Iâ€ll do my best to answer them, b/c I know how invaluable it is to talk to someone whoâ€s been there.  Happy planning to all of you and just know that you will absolutely have your dream wedding at MDC cheer2.gif

vlkrhjsgyc4n7aoei4ihbt.jpghbeqgj25aidt2xboszkwk0.jpghbeqgjdkcekmvhvhmc5kya.jpgeakwgbvwufkenoyztph5sb.jpgqfxzboypr3huptewey5m8i.jpghbeqgjenc6e9pw9kl5b5gc.jpgqfxzboidll3bbk1zr82dtp.jpg

Originally Posted by Meitra View Post

Iâ€m back and Iâ€m married!  Let me start by saying I had the most perfect wedding ever and that it was seriously “the best time ever!†to quote a friend of mine at the weddingcheesy.gif  But hereâ€s my more detailed review:

At the airport we had a hard time finding the Moon Dance shuttle driver.  There was no one holding a sign, so one of the local tour drivers there called Moon Dance for us and found out driver waiting in the parking lot.  He was very helpful so of course we tipped him.  Maybe we were a little early, Iâ€m not sure.  So donâ€t be afraid to ask one of the other tour drivers to help you find the Moon Dance driver – you may have to.  The drive itself was just fine, and when we got to Moon Dance we were greeted by the staff and they had welcome drinks ready for us.  Very nice!  They immediately took our bags and helped us all check in. 

Moon Dance Cliffs:  It was pretty much exactly as I expected from the photographs.  Very pretty.  We had a group of 40 people so we pretty much had the whole place to ourselves.  The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and knew everyoneâ€s names.  They have hairdryers in the rooms, but no iron or ironing boards.  You have to send things out to be pressed if you need something ironed.  The villas donâ€t have closets, but they have armoires with a hanging section in them.  They have shampoo, soap, and shower gel, but no conditioner (so donâ€t forget your own J)  Oh and I highly recommend drinking a dirty banana!  Sooo yummy :)

Sea Wind Resort:  We had a welcome dinner here on Thursday night and it was so much fun!  Itâ€s on the beach and they had a bonfire for us and I hired a reggae band through them as well.  Everyone was up and dancing and it was just a great time!  They even had African drummers play for us as a surprise.  They were really great to work with leading up to the event and I contracted the transportation through them as well.  I highly recommend them for a beach dinner.

PushCart:  We had our rehearsal dinner here on Friday night and they were also wonderful.  My MIL planned it all, but I was frequently copied on her emails.  She is very detail oriented and they were really good about responding to all of her questions.  She hired Floral Fantasies to do the table decorations and they were very pretty.  We shut the place down for our party and hired a mento band.  The mento band was late, but they did play for the full two hours that we hired them for.  I wasnâ€t really drinking this night, but I heard from everyone that the drinks were good and strong J  The food was good, and I highly recommend the seafood frittaz as an appetizer if you go – they were delicious!  We had our tables set up outside for dinner and it started raining at that time – they were so fast and picked everything up and moved it under the covered portion within minutes!  Great service cheesy.gif

Other restaurants:  We went to dinner at Ivanâ€s at Catcha Falling Star one night with a group of about 22 people.   It was absolutely delicious and the restraint was really pretty overlooking the cliffs.  DH and a friend went to Three Dives for some jerk one afternoon and absolutely loved it as well.  They said it was the best jerk they had.  But keep in mind that it is not a fancy place at all, more of a roadside feel to it.  The last night there we went to LTU Pub with a group of about 22 again.  Unfortunately we had a bad experience there.  They were not equipped at all to handle that many people at once and we waited 2.5 hours for our dinner and 1 hour to get our drinks…  I thought the food was good once we got it, but one of my friends got food poisoning that night angry.gif

The wedding!!  Like I said it all went perfectly!  I did my hair trial a few days before the wedding day.  I showed him a few pictures and he got it just right!  So the day of the wedding it only took about 45 minutes for him to do my hair.  One of my friends did my make-up.  She and I went to several different makeup counters and did a few trials at home and then wrote out everything we used so we wouldnâ€t forget.  She did an amazing job and I loved my makeup!  Throughout it all Kerry was coordinating everything so that it all went perfectly.  The steel pan band was good from what I remember, although I was kinda distracted by the wedding ya know ;) 

We met with the officiant the day before the ceremony.  We wrote the ceremony for him to use and then we also wrote personal vows. 

I used Floral Fantasies for our flowers and the reception centerpieces.  The bouquets were pretty much what I asked for as were the centerpieces, so I think she did a good job.  We had hanging orchids around the gazebo, which were really pretty!  But in the wind the kept blowing up onto the groom during the ceremony.  So I would recommend weighting them down with a crystal or something so that they donâ€t start flying during your ceremony J  I would also recommend that  you make sure you have a lot of candles on your dining tables for lighting while you eat dinner.  Some of our candles blew out in the wind and then it was hard to see what you were eating.  But the setup really was beautiful!

I used Cherry to do my wedding cake, mostly b/c she was $100 cheaper that Margaret Myrie.  The cake looked similar to what I asked, and it tasted pretty good too.  We had a chocolate cake with coconut cream filling and a buttercream frosting.  It didnâ€t melt at all btw.   

We used Kevan Stewart (DJ Vaun) as our DJ.  He met with us the day before the wedding as well and went over what music we wanted for each special dance and then what type of music we wanted for dinner and what type for dancing.  He also asked if it would be okay to take requests or not from our guests and then he also let us know that he could download any song that people might request within a few minutes b/c MDC has wifi – really cool!  He got a good vibe for our group and our group was dancing the entire night – it was soooo much fun!  No one wanted the dancing to end.  He also went above and beyond in my book because he got there really early the day of the wedding to let us use his pa system for the wedding ceremony and also to let the videographer tap into his mic feed if she needed too. 

I used Donnette Peterson from Exotic Dream Weddings as our videographer.  She was really nice to work with and very reasonably priced.  I havenâ€t seen the video yet, so I canâ€t comment on the product yet. 

The food was really good, but the one thing that I heard raves about was the potatoes au gratin, everyone went back for seconds of those!

I really felt like I had the most perfect wedding ever!  I couldnâ€t believe how beautifully it all came together and how much fun we all had.  Please ask any questions you want and Iâ€ll do my best to answer them, b/c I know how invaluable it is to talk to someone whoâ€s been there.  Happy planning to all of you and just know that you will absolutely have your dream wedding at MDC cheer2.gif

vlkrhjsgyc4n7aoei4ihbt.jpghbeqgj25aidt2xboszkwk0.jpghbeqgjdkcekmvhvhmc5kya.jpgeakwgbvwufkenoyztph5sb.jpgqfxzboypr3huptewey5m8i.jpghbeqgjenc6e9pw9kl5b5gc.jpgqfxzboidll3bbk1zr82dtp.jpg

Congratulations!!! I love your centerpieces!

Congratulations Meitra! Glad to hear things went so well! Thanks for the review! Hope married life is being good to you :)

Did you get in touch with Cherry through Kerry? Love the way the orchids looked at the gazebo. Thanks for that tip and the one about a lot of candles. I'll be sure to bring a bunch.