Moon Dance Cliffs

Thanks Mallory for the info!  That is a relief.  I wonder why they are doing the tent thing.  Strange.  I havent heard from Kerry lately (but my wedding is so far away yet... Dec 2011), but I am starting to think about rehearsal dinner, etc type issues.  Are any of you doing the rehearsal at MDC?   I would like to do so since we are paying all-inclusive, but do we have to pay for chairs and tables and all that stuff again (like for the reception).  I know other brides on the forum ended up doing the rehearsal somewhere else for a bit of variety, but I was just wondering if it would be more cost effective to still do it at MDC.  If anyone has done so or is planning to do so, let me know.  Thanks!

Kerry just emailed me back about it as well. she told me older bookings are not mandated to have it but if weather patterns tell them different they will advise accordingly, and than stick us with the tab basically. so everyone pray it doesnt rain! so i think in dec. you will be ok...we are planning on doing the rehearsal dinner there as well. they have not told me about paying for the chairs...so i dont know. i will let you know when i find out.

oh and dont really expect to hear from kerry until its atleast a few months before, i think im annoying her asking questions so far in advance! i know we are all just eager ladies and want to get the planning done but they do alot of weddings and are used to putting them together with only a few months time.

What's the deal with the tent all of sudden? Now I am considering somewhere else, $500 for a tent that I don't want! I could spend that money on something that i DO want! They seem to have been doing fine without it all this time. Oh well moving on from MDC!!!!

That's unfortunate. I totally don't blame you though. That's a large figure on top of what you'd also have to spend on reception chairs, tables, etc. If you're up for it, maybe you should send them an email asking if they would reconsider. If not, what other hotels do you have in mind?

Originally Posted by LoveJA View Post

What's the deal with the tent all of sudden? Now I am considering somewhere else, $500 for a tent that I don't want! I could spend that money on something that i DO want! They seem to have been doing fine without it all this time. Oh well moving on from MDC!!!!

I don't know.  I remember reading a post from a MDC bride who had her wedding reception moved into the foyer of the hotel b/c that was MDC's rain location.  She said there was not enough of a cross breeze going through and they were all sweating to death.  So if it rains, I will gladly pay for a tent :)  It actually makes me feel a lot better to know that there is an option other than the foyer now in case it rains for the reception.  But I do agree that another $500 on top of all the other costs is not fun to contemplate...  Let's just hope none of us needs it!