Moon Dance Cliffs

PREVIOUS MDC BRIDES, HELP PLEASE!!! We are getting married here 10/30/10 and are going to have 30-40 guests. I just came across something that I am thinking could be an issue. We are in our mid 20's and a lot of our age friends make up a lot of our guest list. Annies closes at 10pm and the sports bar at 11pm, I know that our friends will all want to stay up hanging out/partying (drinking) much later then 11pm, so what are we supposed to do about drinks? There arent any bars really close but because they are all paying for the all-inclusive Im sure they are expecting to have access to drinks whenever they want. Can anyone provide me anysight, suggestions either how it worked while you were there or what you think is the best way to handle this.... THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doneill01 View Post
PREVIOUS MDC BRIDES, HELP PLEASE!!! We are getting married here 10/30/10 and are going to have 30-40 guests. I just came across something that I am thinking could be an issue. We are in our mid 20's and a lot of our age friends make up a lot of our guest list. Annies closes at 10pm and the sports bar at 11pm, I know that our friends will all want to stay up hanging out/partying (drinking) much later then 11pm, so what are we supposed to do about drinks? There arent any bars really close but because they are all paying for the all-inclusive Im sure they are expecting to have access to drinks whenever they want. Can anyone provide me anysight, suggestions either how it worked while you were there or what you think is the best way to handle this.... THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!
Yikes...I never even thought of this...I'll be in the same boat...Maybe the party can be moved to one of the villas and the bar in there can just be used? idk...hopefully they'll make an exception and stay open later if we have the entire resort booked!

Their response was that they would stock the bars in the villas every night, but we are only using the 4bedroom and both 1 bedrooms and neither of the 1 bedrooms have wet bars so.... that leaves us with one villas wetbar for possibly 25-35 people which I know will not be sufficient. I forwarded my email with them to our wedding coordinator and she is going to be in touch with the owner and see what we can maybe work out. I will keep you posted what we figure out!

I thought id answer your other question on this thread bc i think more people use this one! hope its helpful! The reception area is set up at their restaurant Annies. The bar is in the middle of it and one side they convert into the dance floor area (and where dj/band set up) and in the other is where they set up the buffett and all of the food. It then has a really large patio area that is directly overlooking the cliffs and that is where they set up all of the tables for everyone to sit. You rent the tables for $10/ea, they seat 8 people each, you pick round or rectangular, and then(I think) that includes the tables and chairs, the table cloths, and all of the plates, silverwear, ect. If you want centerpieces, runners, ect (plus any other decor) it is up to you to purchase from the florsit there, or you can bring it with. At the ceremony (at the gazebo) you also have to rent the chairs (range from $2-10/each depending on which ones you want) and again bring or buy any decor. Between the ceremony and the reception they also hold a cocktail hour that they set up in an empty lawn area close to the gazebo, mainly so your guests have something to do while you probably are taking pictures. We are planning on probably bringing some decoration stuff with us and also purchasing some from their florist (mainly bc i cant think of a good way to get glass vases/cylinders/containers there w us). Thats all I can think of now but if there is anything else you are specificly wondering about let me know, i may be able to help!

Thanks so much for the info!! I was hoping some MDC brides would jump on here so we could start talking about wedding details! I'm anxious to hear what they say about the whole bars closing @ 10 pm situation :-/ I'm sure I'll be thinking of plenty other questions to ask! Have you hired your vendors yet (ie. Photographer, DJ)?

Hey Mallory

We both live in Philly and both are getting married at Moon Dance. How cool is that. My wedding is less than 6 months away and I think I have taken care of the basic stuff. I reserved floral fantasies for my flowers and am buying everything from them. I just sent Oneika pics of what I wanted and she will take care of it. My DJ is Paul from Sound Illusion and he is already reserved. My videographer is Roxroy Grough and my photograpers are Sungold. I can't wait until the big day.

Gbyrd...we do have a lot of similarities!! And I see we're both getting married in August, too (a year apart though). You'll have to let me know how the weather is (I'm really nervous because it's in "Hurricane Season" and also what the ideal time to hold the ceremony is. Where did you find your videographer...I haven't heard of that particular one...I would love to have a videographer but not sure it agrees with my budget--if you don't mind sharing, do you know his general price range?

Hi gbyrd. I am getting married in April at MDC. We were also thinking about a videographer but haven't decided yet.

Can you give me the website, contact info for Roxroy, I couldn't find him on google. Thanks!!

Also, I was wondering - from anyone - how late are they saying your wedding night reception can go on? I think we will have about 2/3 of the resort booked for the wedding and I want to be able to have the dance floor going all night!!

Thanks for all the info everyone.