Sign in to follow this  
Natashak

Bringing Sand Ceremony Home

Hello,

I am really interested in doing the sand ceremony at our wedding except I am nervous transporting the vase with the sand in it home. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi! I got one with a cork. Make sure you fill it, tap it down and fill again. I topped with beach sand before we left tehn dripped melted candle wax on top and put the cork in. Carry on with you. It still settled more on the way home but kept the design well.

I would agree with the tapping and then tapping again to make sure it settles. I didn't have a corked verson, but my resort did the wax dripping for us. Maybe check with your resort on how they go about handling this. I brought a taper candle just incase, even though they said they did this. We also packed everything super tight along with bubble wrap in hopes that nothing would move. It all worked out well for us.

We didn't have a cork, and it worked out fine. I packed a BUNCH of paper towels into the vase. REALLY tight. If it shifts much at all it'll look silly... so make sure you pack them in REALLY tight. Then I used Glad Press & Seal paper over the top of the vase. Used scotch tape around that. And then also a rubber band or two in case the tape would for some reason come loose.

Worked perfectly fine.

OK, heres a different question for you all. It doesnt sound like anyone had a problem, but I was told by my uncle that we may have problems getting our sand into Mexico. He said if they search us at customs, they will take it away. Has anyone heard of this? Based on what I have seen and all the customs info I have read online, that was a bogus statement, but just wanted to make sure.

You actually aren't supposed to take sand from one country to another... however if it's colored sand I think they realize that you didn't just scoop sand out from the beach! So you should be okay. They just don't want types of creatures or fungus being transfered from one beach to another.

I found this great website that actually sells glass stoppers for their sand containers or gel candle making stuff... here check out the website.. I will be buying the maple colored lid... such a cool idea!!!

Sand Ceremony, Wedding Sand Ceremony, Sand Ceremony Set, Sand Ceremony Sets I hope this helps!!! I was wondering the same thing until I came across this website!!