Photo

Getting the word out

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 fieldofflowers

fieldofflowers
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 08:53 PM

I need some advice. I'm just wondering how you went about letting everyone know about your DW? We aren't planning to get married until April 2010 but I want to let everyone know now so if they need to save money they have lots of time. When we go to actually book our trip our TA told us we'd need rough numbers as well. I'm just really confused about what's the best way to go about this!!! HELP!

#2 jmiranda

jmiranda
    • 697 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:04 PM

You can send out Save the Dates!! There are plenty of ideas here on the forum on different save the dates. I personally did boarding pass save the dates and everyone loved them.

#3 fieldofflowers

fieldofflowers
      • 23 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:37 PM

We don't know the actual date yet only the month of April 2010 and probably won't have the actual wedding date for quite awhile. Is it okay to send Save the Dates with just the month? Has anyone done that?

#4 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 4,853 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:46 PM

I think it is perfectly fine to send out a Safe the Date with out the exact date. I think it is just nice to let people know ahead of time.
          Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#5 Mystic

Mystic
          • 254 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:48 PM

I think it would be fine to send out Save the Dates with just April 2010 on them just to give people a heads up. April 2010 really isn't that far away! My wedding is October of this year. At the end of this past July (15 months prior), I had a date confirmed so I started letting my family and friends know by word of mouth and email. I wanted them to know as much in advance as possible. I sent out Save the Dates in November (11 months before). Most people have been able to give me a verbal yes, no, or maybe. You might be able to give your TA and resort a general idea even without sending invites, even if it's a wide range like 30-50.

#6 DallasAshli

DallasAshli
            • 451 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:29 PM

I agree - send the STDs with just the month! That gives them the "heads up" so they can save. Also, know that lots of people will say "yeah - we will come" but when it comes down to booking, they wont have the money, time, etc. I dont know what the percentage is - I think it depends on how many you invite.

#7 fieldofflowers

fieldofflowers
              • 23 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 09:17 AM

Thanks for the advice girls. We are going to send Save the Date cards with just the month and we are putting RSVP with our website address. That way, hopefully, we'll get somewhat of a head count.

#8 car1969

car1969
                • 40 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:13 AM

Boy am I glad I read this...i was having the same diliema...you certainly cleared it up for me....Thanks Ladies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users