Photo

Do you have bridesmaids?!? I'm torn!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 angel1416

angel1416
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:49 PM

When we were planning a traditional wedding at home, we were going to do BP with 5 attendants each. Now that we're taking things on the road, so to say, we've cut it down to only a BM and MOH. I really think I like the simplicity this way... there's no fighting about dress shapes/colors! Just have to find one beautiful dress that looks great on my MOH!
    Amanda & Michael
    Puerto Penasco, Mexico
    Summer 2010

#32 hsims1

hsims1
    • 356 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:57 AM

We are also torn between having a BP or not. I was thinking to just have a Maid of Honor and a Best Man and keep it simple. But I really like the honorory Bp thing. Hmmm

#33 stacee

stacee
      • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:09 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Starryt
        For those who elected not to have a bridal party... Did you have/ Are you planning someone walk you done the aisle?

Click the image to open in full size.
        We are not having a wedding party but I have asked my father to walk me down the aisle (beach!) :)

#34 poohshek

poohshek
        • 1,456 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:39 PM

I haven't officially asked my dad but he IS walking me down the aisle. That will be a very special moment for me and him.

#35 Royal_lady10

Royal_lady10
          • 247 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:18 PM

Im torn.. I would love to walk myself down the isle.. but I know it would kill my father if I didnt have him walk me down (esp. since Im the only child), with that said, my mother also wants to walk me down the isle.. SO.. i dont know.. maybe Ill have both of them to walk me down..

#36 Royal_lady10

Royal_lady10
            • 247 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:17 PM

Im torn.. I would love to walk myself down the isle.. but I know it would kill my father if I didnt have him walk me down (esp. since Im the only child), with that said, my mother also wants to walk me down the isle.. SO.. i dont know.. maybe Ill have both of them to walk me down..

#37 darkblue

darkblue
              • 26 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 10:59 PM

My mother is going to be my MOH and his is going to be his Best.. Woman? We need to come up with a better title for her, haha. We're only having 8 other people aside from us at the wedding, but honestly, we'd want it to be the same even if we did the big wedding thing at home. After each other, we're both closest with our mothers.

When my cousin got married, she had both of her parents walk her down the aisle. I thought that was SO sweet and would like to do the same.

Btw, jennierin, I *love* the idea of meeting your daughter halfway. :)

#38 Sandra&Mario

Sandra&Mario
                • 336 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:36 PM

one of the many reasons why we want a destination wedding is because we don't want to deal with the "bridal party drama"...we've both been in weddings on several occasions and honestly, i can't say i've enjoyed it! i had to wake up early, get my hair done, pictures pictures pictures, off to church...bored, bored bored...pictures, pictures, and more pictures...i remember last year when i was in my best friend's wedding we were at the park after church and i had to pee sooooooooooooo bad!!!!! i hadn't gone since early morning! haha. i had to wait a couple hours to go potty at the reception hall!!! now seriously, who wants that?!?! we would rather it be us and our friends and family can enjoy at their own pace, and not feel forced with time and such! we are having a flowergirl (my niece) and ring barrier (his nephew)...and thankfully, they're both older, so there's no kiddy drama! it's the beach in mexico...it should all be relaxed :) good luck ladies!

#39 August2010Bride

August2010Bride
                  • 369 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:53 PM

Yeah, I'm asking both my parents to walk me down the aisle as well...

I posted this thread a while back, and honestly I think I want to forgo a bridal party. I will have my sister and friends as my "ladies of honor" they will be there help on my wedding day, etc...

Like stated, I don't want any more drama than necessary!

#40 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 6,368 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:32 AM

Good call on forgoing the BP. I'm in the middle of a huge mess right now. It's so not worth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users