Jump to content

Photo

Riu Palace Las Americas Bride


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 gaynasmith24

gaynasmith24
  • Newbie
  • 27 posts

    Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:47 PM

    Hi, I couldn't find a specific thread dedicated to Riu Palace Las Americas brides other than the much helpful riu cancun thread so thought I'd start one. We get married in April and starting to get really nervous and excited now its getting nearer so would love to hear from other Riu Palace Las Americas brides both past and future with any advice, stories or questions I have one thing realy stressing me out tha I wondered if anyone could help with, does anyone have any experiance with how tightly they enforce the 80 percent of guests staying at the hotel where the wedding takes place rule, and how if I'd manage to get day passes or arrange something else for any other guests staying at other riu hotels if we went over the 20 percent allowed

    #2 nicitronrox

    nicitronrox
    • Newbie
    • 10 posts

      Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:08 AM

      I booked with RPLA also,and in all of the paperwork it says "no exception" not to mention that you won't be able to see them on other days on the resort property. I stayed at Riu Cancun and they do enforce their rulesthere,so I would assume they are serious :) Good luck to you!

      #3 Mrs. Martin

      Mrs. Martin
      • Member
      • 514 posts

        Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:59 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by gaynasmith24
        Hi, I couldn't find a specific thread dedicated to Riu Palace Las Americas brides other than the much helpful riu cancun thread so thought I'd start one. We get married in April and starting to get really nervous and excited now its getting nearer so would love to hear from other Riu Palace Las Americas brides both past and future with any advice, stories or questions I have one thing realy stressing me out tha I wondered if anyone could help with, does anyone have any experiance with how tightly they enforce the 80 percent of guests staying at the hotel where the wedding takes place rule, and how if I'd manage to get day passes or arrange something else for any other guests staying at other riu hotels if we went over the 20 percent allowed
        Not sure if you read my post on the RIU Cancun thread (which talks about both hotels), RPLA is very strict about the 80% guests staying at the hotel rule. Once you meet with the coordinator, you can pay for you passes then and she will have them ready for your outside guests or vendors the day of the wedding. So, you don't have to worry about passing them around while you are busy getting ready for the wedding!

        Sorry I replied so late but I never saw your thread. Feel free to ask me any other questions you may have.

        #4 ValleyPTgirl

        ValleyPTgirl
        • Newbie
        • 6 posts

          Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:53 PM

          How long did it take you to hear back from the WC when you initially emailed her? I have sent her at least 5 emails requesting replys over the past month and she has responded to NONE of them! I know my wedding is 4 months away and she is busy but to not reply to any of them, I am getting a little nervous!!

          #5 Mrs. Martin

          Mrs. Martin
          • Member
          • 514 posts

            Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:32 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by ValleyPTgirl
            How long did it take you to hear back from the WC when you initially emailed her? I have sent her at least 5 emails requesting replys over the past month and she has responded to NONE of them! I know my wedding is 4 months away and she is busy but to not reply to any of them, I am getting a little nervous!!

            I think the longest it took was maybe a 1 or 1 1/2 weeks. I thought that was long- I would be furious if it took a month! Do you mind me asking who you are emailing and what email? I'll try to dig up an old email to make sure you have the same one I did.

            Try not to be nervous in the mean time!!!

            #6 ValleyPTgirl

            ValleyPTgirl
            • Newbie
            • 6 posts

              Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:43 PM

              In my email confirmation my PM is listed as Pamela Zerecero - the email address for contacting her directly is listed as: weddings.cancun@riu.com

              Thanks for the encouragement!

              #7 Mrs. Martin

              Mrs. Martin
              • Member
              • 514 posts

                Posted 08 April 2009 - 11:43 AM

                That's the same email I had for Pamela.

                When you requested information/confirmation to book riu for a wedding, did you get an email from the Sales Wedding Coordinator, Erendira Fong de Dominguez (yes, that's all one name)? Her email she be weddings04@riu.com

                The reason I ask is because another bride that was having problems with Pamela (regarding the email issue) suggested I contact Erendira because she and her supervisors over look the wedding coordinators at the Riu's. She had her travel agent contact the supervisors regarding the situation with Pamela and the bride told me after that, the longest she waited was two days to hear back from Pamela. I never ended up contacting the supervisor, but I wish I would have because Pamela caused so much more stress than I needed. Again, this was just from my personal experience, so that doesn't mean she will be the same with you (I don't want to freak you out or anything!). But, I would probably contact a supervisor with that issue because 1 month is too long to wait around for an email reply.

                #8 nicitronrox

                nicitronrox
                • Newbie
                • 10 posts

                  Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:52 AM

                  Hi ladies-
                  D day is quickly approaching. I have not had any problems emailing the WC. Thelongest I have waited is a day and a half. Emailing the actual Hotel seems to be more difficult!

                  #9 Mrs. Martin

                  Mrs. Martin
                  • Member
                  • 514 posts

                    Posted 19 June 2009 - 11:29 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by nicitronrox
                    Hi ladies-
                    D day is quickly approaching. I have not had any problems emailing the WC. Thelongest I have waited is a day and a half. Emailing the actual Hotel seems to be more difficult!
                    Congrats on your wedding!! That's great to hear you haven't had to wait long for your emails! I'm sure that's a wonderful thing to hear for all the future RPLA brides.

                    #10 sfrench0621

                    sfrench0621
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 242 posts

                      Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:38 AM

                      Hi everyone! I'm really considering RPLA for my DW next May but there is one major concern for me. I've been reading on trip advisor that the hotel/rooms are musty smelling and was wondering if many people have experienced that? I'd hate to have so many of my friends and family stay there if the resort really smells bad.

                      Thanks!

                      Steph




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users