Photo

BM dresses in brown- does this look OK???

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ACA Amy

ACA Amy
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:42 PM

I found these dresses from J. Crew that are perfect- just not sure if brown will look good on the beach or not. Do I need more color? The flowers are probably going to be colorful (red, pink, orange) so I kind of think a neutral background will look great! What do you all think? Has anyone used brown that has a picture to show me? Thanks!!!

These are the dresses I found:
    Bridesmaids Dresses - Silk Ballerina & Halter Dresses, Short & Long Dresses - J.Crew

#2 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
    • 1,083 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:50 PM

Those are super cute and I am doing brown as well!!!
      We are incorporating blue and golden accents to 'brighten it up'.
      Here are some inspiration pics I found:
      Real Weddings - Brown

#3 KatyKo

KatyKo
      • 851 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:50 PM

I think that dress is absolutely adorable! And I think it would look good in brown. Your flowers would really pop in front of those dresses and you could always add a sash or a hair flower and it would look really cute. I don't have any pictures to share, but I'm sure others do.

Good luck!

#4 Elizabeth

Elizabeth
        • 100 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 04:52 PM

I was wondering the same thing when I was picking out my colors, but like sunsetbride posted, there are some beautiful weddings on the beach! Those dresses are great!
          Elizabeth

#5 mplscold

mplscold
          • 27 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 05:02 PM

I was a BM in a wedding in 2007 and wore a brown dress. It was pretty, it looked especially nice with the GM brown tuxes. If I can locate a pic I will send it to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users