Photo

Mother of Bride dresses

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 kay726

kay726
  • 218 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:46 PM

Will your mom be wearing something special for your wedding? Is she picking her own dress, or are you gently suggesting some opitons? I am picking out my mom's dress because she is not to into shopping. I was curious to see what dresses other people's moms were wearing. I was thinking of this dress for my mom. It is from nordstroms.com. Click the image to open in full size.

#2 SusanK

SusanK
    • VIP Member
    • 2,685 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:53 PM

My mom has lost 40+ pounds over the past couple of years and is looking hot! She has bought lots of new clothes...and I must say, her wardrobe is looking much more "in" than mine is these days (I probably shouldn't admit this, but I'm still wearing a lot of my pants and sweaters from high school...when I could still convince my parents to buy me Abercrombie and Fitch). Anyway, she found her dress on the same day and at the same place I found mine. It is long and strapless with blace lace over a nude lining and small train. Hope she doesn't steal my thunder!! I will try to find out who it is by and post a pic!
      Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:53 PM

i was just going to ask my mom what she's planning on as well - she's SO not into shopping. i think i may have to take the "gently suggest" approach.

#4 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
        • VIP Member
        • 11,403 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:54 PM

I had the same feelings about my mom...I was totally going to buy her a few options & see what she likes. OK, well leave it to my mother to be totally offended by this! She said she could take care of it & not to worry. Although, she did consult me with her ideas. I'm just happy she didn't wear jeans & she actually wore some sort of bra :)

Here's what she wore: it's a hand made silk skirt from a lady she knows in Hawaii & the top she ended up buying in San Jose the day before the wedding! Click the image to open in full size.

#5 SusanK

SusanK
          • VIP Member
          • 2,685 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:58 PM

Okay it's similiar to this, but strapless (no little sleeves). I know it's not the typical mother of the bride dress, but then again it's a DW...all rules are out! I love DWs!!
            Click the image to open in full size.
            Susan&Matt 10-12-07, Mia Lily 7-9-08, Charlie David 6-28-10

#6 TammyB

TammyB
            • 10,630 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:00 PM

Well I told my MIL I didn't care what she was wearing. So she decided on a cute halter type sundress. I think it will be prefect for our small wedding.

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:01 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Susan101207
                Okay it's similiar to this, but strapless (no little sleeves). I know it's not the typical mother of the bride dress, but then again it's a DW...all rules are out! I love DWs!!
                Click the image to open in full size.

DAMN! smokin'!!!

#8 BayBug

BayBug
                • 852 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:05 PM

I told my mom that she does not have to wear anything really special. I am afraid that it will be too hot. Since she gets hot very easily and sometime out of no where. Also she wants to loose weight, therefore will not be picking her dress out until July.
                  Angie

#9 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                  • 4,979 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:12 PM

lol my mom is my MOH, so she'll be wearing something to fit into the wedding party. However, if she was just there as a MOB, I'd probably gently suggest something. I'd say something like "Mom, I found this really nice dress I think would look great on your for the wedding - what do you think?". But if she wants to wear something else, I really don't care.
                    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#10 LisaG

LisaG
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,839 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:16 PM

I told the moms to wear some sort of capris and a shirt. Both are a little overweight and would not feel comfortable in a dress of any sort. I think they both plan on getting coral capris and who knows what kind of shirt. I want it to be really casual, so I really don't care what they wear....to an extent of course!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users