Photo

bringing in your own photographer

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Morton-Woods

Morton-Woods
  • 301 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:57 PM

Does anyone know if when u go to PV or las caletas does it photog need a work permit? Hope someone can help

#2 janellepo

janellepo
    • 71 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:25 PM

Our photographer was from Monterrey, Mexico and he didn't require any work permits, but I don't know if that is because he was in the Country already?? The bonus for us was that his travel fees were soooo reasonable compared to what we would have paid if our photographer was coming from further away! It was perfect!

#3 Jenn6603

Jenn6603
      • 118 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 10:47 AM

We are bringing a photog with us but he is also a wedding guest... We are not getting a permit - if they are a friend just taking pics, I can't see a permit being needed... we will also be using the resort photog as it is part of our package.

Jenn

#4 clmarti1

clmarti1
        • 207 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:58 AM

I'm in the same situation as Jenn, my photog is on my wedding list. He's actually a really good friend of ours who volunteered to do it.

#5 JessicaPV

JessicaPV
          • 375 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:46 PM

Hi Courtney,

Do you mean a work permit to work in Mexico? Or something like a permit from Las Caletas to allow an outside photographer into their resort?

#6 Morton-Woods

Morton-Woods
            • 301 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:52 PM

Yes a Work permit to work in Mexico? My photog was asking about it. On caletas i was told you can bring in your own or use one they recommend... We were told to check with the consolate (sorry bout the sp)

#7 JessicaPV

JessicaPV
              • 375 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:42 PM

This comes from my hubby who has double citizenship (US-MX) and has worked with US nationals working temporarily in Mexico for years: By law anybody is required to get a work permit if performing work in Mexico even for one day. You can request more info at your closest Mexican consulate in the US.

However...in reality...in the photography world practically nobody ever obtains such a permit... :-)

What I would do is ask your contact at Las Caletas (is it still Nicole?) about this. I don't see it happening but I would like to avoid a "ahi viene la migra!" type of situation... YKWIM? :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users