silly pedicure question

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 laycj18

• 76 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:02 PM

Those people who have perfect toenails that are french manicured - are those real? I mean do they put acrylic nails on toes? I so envy people who have perfectly cut and polished toes!!

#2 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:04 PM

They do a french pedicure. You nails do need to be a little bit long for them to look right. The first few days are awesome!

I would recommend that if you are doing it for your wedding, to have your toes done there or go with a polish. The sand kind of buffs away the polish or it can chip. At least mine did.

You can get acrylic toenails. My nail person said that they really hurt though. And most people would come back to have them taken off after a few days.

#3 becks

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:07 PM

I've heard that some places won't do acrylics on toes because if they get and stay damp, they are prone to funguses and other icky stuff.

Take a good top coat (reapply EVERY day) and the same white polish to touch up and you should be fine.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#4 YoursTruly

• 1,097 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:08 PM

They can do ANYTHING these days with mani and pedi, especially pedis. The french is usually natural, and yes anything extra acryllic, crystal, etc will hurt a little bit. I would as Erin said, grow your nails slightly longer so the french tip can be applied better and do it there--schedule your spa apointment.

#5 Kelly C

Kelly C
        • 2,051 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:30 PM

Make sure they put a non yellowing top coat on. It will help. And I wouldnt walk in the sand until after the wedding. And try not to get sunscreen on them.
          Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

#6 samanthag

• 896 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:41 PM

I love the french pedi also! My nail tech never does acrylic on my toes. It's actually not very hard for them just to paint your toe nails french & it looks really nice!!
            As far as how long in advance before your wedding, I would want to do it the day before or even the day of just so it last longer.

#7 Ayita

• 861 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:48 PM

also be careful with mosquito repellent - the ones in spray - depending on the formula it can make your polish all soft and sticky (basically you can take it off by scrapping it !)

#8 Sloan

• 1,279 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:00 PM

French pedi's are awesome! Get one!

#9 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:17 PM

I love french pedicures! In the south that is what everyone has. I had to get an acrylic toenail put on my toe once because someone stepped on my toe at a party and I lost my toenail. It was great. I just kept it for a little while for vanity reasons, but it served its purpose.

#10 KatyKo

• 851 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 04:48 PM

I love french manis and pedis. My toenails last a while, but for the wedding I plan to get them done once I'm there or take some white polish like Becks said, just in case. Don't want to have ugly toes in my wedding pictures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users