Anyone rent a boat/catamaran near Playa for guest excursions?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Denverbride

• Banned
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 02:48 AM

Hi brides!

I'm thinking of renting a catamaran or some kind of fun boat for our bridal party during our wedding weekend in Playa Del Carmen. Has anyone had experience doing this? I've paid to take a sunset cruise many times, but I was hoping to have the boat to ourselves for a day of snorkeling, sun-bathing and cocktailing!

Would love any input!

#2 idomexico09

• 6 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:56 AM

We just returned from a week in Akumal(where we got engaged! : ) We chartered a catamaran from Akumal for the day and it was amazing. It fits up to 19 people. We paid 1000 for 9 people and left the bay @ 9:30 am and returned around 4pm. They sailed us out to a beautiful secluded beach where they prepared us lunch. We got to hang around on the beach and play in the water for a couple hours and then they sailed us to a private lagoon location where we went snorkeling - it was awesome!! They provided all of the pop,beer,water, and tequila. The guys got to fish off the back of the boat as we sailed. Didn't catch anything - but had fun trying. The place we charted out of was called Akumal Dive Shop. It would be the only place like that in Akumal. Akumal is about a 30 minute drive from Playa Del Carmen. Check it out - you will love it!

#3 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:14 AM

I was going to post a couple different options, but then realized this person was banned already.

#4 DallasAshli

• 451 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:07 PM

Oh Jacilyn, please post - Im looking for the same thing right now. I want a catamaran for probably a half day!

#5 Blkatz

• 1,025 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:09 PM

I can email you the stuff I got...what is your email address?

#6 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:21 PM

Here is one out of Puerto Adventurous, but they do pickups:

Fat Cat catamaran sailboat tour- Monthly Spotlight Feature, Mexican Caribbean, LocoGringo.Com

This is the one out of akumal bay, here's a few links to it:
              Akumal Mexico tour: Sailing & Fishing: Catamaran Kantaris

Here's one out of cancun too:

Isla Mujeres Catamaran tour from Cancun - snorkeling tours in akumal

I can't remember all of the original info I was going to post, I will keep searching!

#7 DallasAshli

• 451 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:37 PM

Thanks!! Has anyone done a private catamaran sunset cruise? Im afraid it might get chilly when the sun sets. I might have to do the 3-hour cruise during the day instead.

#8 lauraandmatt

• 127 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:07 PM

Hi- I have contacted Cancun Catamarans, Cancun Catamaran Tours, Cancun Sailing, Sailboats in Cancun, Yachts and Deep Sea Fishing Charters.. It's one american and one brit who own the company. They are very nice. I have not booked yet. They have a 4 hour minimum charge for the private charter. We are looking to do a 4 hour sunset cruise leaving at 3:30p. He quoted me $1025. That includes snacks and drinks. We can snorkle if we want, but we are not going to. I tried to contact a few other places, but there was a language barrier. I want to know if this is a good price! This price was for a 46 foot catamaran that holds 40 people. We are having 20 people and don't want everyone to be on top of eachother. Keep me posted with price info that you get!

#9 jennyatk

• 53 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:28 PM

I have been really thinking about doing a catamaran as well. I am staying at Dreams Tulum and was wondering how close some of these places were to us? We will have 19 people in our party. Or if something might be closer. oh and I was wondering how do you get banned from the forum? and so quickly I guess? thanks!!

#10 Blkatz

• 1,025 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:36 PM

If the catamaran is out of Puerto Aventuras it is about 20 minutes away from Dreams Tulum-it is an easy drive up one highway. I would assume that most of them are out of there. It is a cute marina with little restaurants and stores.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users