Photo

How much are your guests paying?

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#41 JenG05

JenG05
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:16 AM

68 people! Wow! Have a great time.  I'm so happy that no one complained about the cost.  You have a great group. 

Originally Posted by Manda123 

My guests are paying 1560 taxes in to the Mayan Riviera - during the holidays! We were lucky enough to lock in our group price before the school calendar for this year came out. The last time I checked our trip had gone up almost 800 per person!

No one has complained about the price (to my knowledge). There are 68 people coming with us. We leave on Saturday!

#42 alittlerandr

alittlerandr
    • 189 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 11:29 PM

We're at about 50 people, most flying from MSP to the Dominican Republic. We're staying at Ocean Blue & Sand, and it's around $1500 pp. (A few booked through cheapcaribbean.com and got a much better deal.) Hope that helps!

#43 Traci7642

Traci7642
      • Site Supporter
      • 122 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

How come I can't select these links?  Whenever I click on them it takes me to 

Hi-- you're right. There are a bunch of threads and even a study about this on the board.

Here are a few:

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t26340

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t26706

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t33507

#44 WPGBride

WPGBride
        • 203 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

My guests are paying close to $2000 which I am now realizing is quiet expensive, but we also had to include connector flights

#45 WPGBride

WPGBride
          • 203 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:54 PM

My guests are paying close to $2000 which I am now realizing is quiet expensive, but we also had to include connector flights. So I don't know if this is a thread or not, but do you accept/expect wedding gifts still when they're spending so much money to attend ?

#46 Peach

Peach
            • 1,293 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

check out "to registry or not to registry"

Originally Posted by WPGBride 

My guests are paying close to $2000 which I am now realizing is quiet expensive, but we also had to include connector flights. So I don't know if this is a thread or not, but do you accept/expect wedding gifts still when they're spending so much money to attend ?

#47 kwhite

kwhite
              • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:25 PM

I am jealous of some of these great prices... my fiance and I are both teachers and have to have our DW during either winter holidays or spring break, peak times to travel and more expensive... its looking like $2000 is going to be the minimum price... however I hope they dont complain since they are the ones that said they don't want to go to a destination in the summer months when it would be much cheaper!

#48 joda

joda
                • 205 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:02 AM

I think the price was $1659 for flights, transfer and 7 nights AI. It is during spring break, so I don't think it's too bad.

#49 simone889

simone889
                  • 7 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:35 AM

Our guests are going to paying $1750 per person for flights and transfer in an All inclusive. I think thats ok, no complaints so far!

#50 JessiTaylor

JessiTaylor
                    • 296 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

English guests will pay about 650 pounds for flights - which i think is about 900 dollars? Mexican guests will pay about 150 dollars for flights (its only about 1 hour travel time)

The wedding and reception are going to be at a beach club, so guests can stay where they like. We're now investigating reasonably priced (but nice hotels) so the cost doesnt get pushed up too high and we can all stay together. aim is to keep total cost under about 1600 dollars for guests. We are going to save the super lovely resort type hotels for our mini honeymoon!!

Ill cover transport costs providing guests can try to arrive at the same time as each other

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users