Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BeautifulBridetoBe

How much are your guests paying?

Recommended Posts

 

 

Originally Posted by marissaC View Post

 

Hi, I'm getting married this December. But I'm attending a friend's wedding next month...I'm one of the bridesmaid...the place is really far,,,the hotel is really posh $4000 is the cheapest rate... that is per night! I just think that the couple didn't think of us (guest) when they were planning their wedding! ugh!

 

Yeah that is a crazy price!  Any other places around the resort that are cheaper?  Its fine that they would go all out because its there wedding ( I personally would have picked a little more expensive resort if I wasnt concerned about anyone else affording it) but how could you expect most people to afford that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW!  $4000 per night!...you're right, I don't think they considered the guests at all when choosing that location. 

 

Originally Posted by marissaC View Post

Hi, I'm getting married this December. But I'm attending a friend's wedding next month...I'm one of the bridesmaid...the place is really far,,,the hotel is really posh $4000 is the cheapest rate... that is per night! I just think that the couple didn't think of us (guest) when they were planning their wedding! ugh!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No kidding! Wow!

The place we are looking at (cannot book until early 2012) will be slightly over 2000 per person for 7 days. That includes taxes, flight, transfer, and is all-inclusive.

It is gorgeous - on its own island! - in the DR... most people have been good about the price; we have taken the approach that if they want to come, they will, regardless.

It is tough though, because, while we want to be considerate, this is also probably our only chance to go all out, you know? 

The only people giving us a lot of flack is my parents, but they would regardless of the place or price.

Oh yes, also to note... the DR is quite a distance for us. We are in Alberta, Canada. So, I think that it is relatively reasonable. I hope!


 

Originally Posted by favorsmr View Post

WOW!  $4000 per night!...you're right, I don't think they considered the guests at all when choosing that location. 

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi ladies! my guests are paying $1255 per person (taxes, flight, round trip transportation) for 7 nights at a 5 star resort in Punta Cana, DR. we are staying at the Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana in April 2012. most of our guests have been impressed with the price. but the reason we chose Punta Cana is because its on the less expensive side (compared to Jamaica, Bahamas, etc) but it still have gorgeous beaches. we opted to go for less expensive because we wanted the best turn out we could have! and we are sssoo lucky so far, we have about 75 people coming with us! 

 

i think in the end the place you choose has to be the best for you, since its your wedding! but you have to consider your guest turn out as well, who you want to be able to join you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was reading on one website "destination wedding etiquette"  and how the bride and groom are expected to pay for the bridal parties travel and other expenses.  How nuts is that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick FYI, if you have any people that live closer to the Michigan border, like I do, they could fly out of Detroit (or probably Buffalo) for a significantly cheaper price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooops, still learning how these forums work.blink.gif

 

Just a quick FYI, if you have any people that live closer to the Michigan border, like I do, they could fly out of Detroit (or probably Buffalo) for a significantly cheaper price.

 

Originally Posted by SS2012 View Post

hi ladies! my guests are paying $1255 per person (taxes, flight, round trip transportation) for 7 nights at a 5 star resort in Punta Cana, DR. we are staying at the Gran Bahia Principe Punta Cana in April 2012. most of our guests have been impressed with the price. but the reason we chose Punta Cana is because its on the less expensive side (compared to Jamaica, Bahamas, etc) but it still have gorgeous beaches. we opted to go for less expensive because we wanted the best turn out we could have! and we are sssoo lucky so far, we have about 75 people coming with us! 

 

i think in the end the place you choose has to be the best for you, since its your wedding! but you have to consider your guest turn out as well, who you want to be able to join you! 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My guests are paying 1560 taxes in to the Mayan Riviera - during the holidays! We were lucky enough to lock in our group price before the school calendar for this year came out. The last time I checked our trip had gone up almost 800 per person!

 

No one has complained about the price (to my knowledge). There are 68 people coming with us. We leave on Saturday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×