70 replies to this topic

#1 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 26 September 2006 - 02:33 PM

we have a bunch of new cancun/riviera maya brides on the forum so i thought this could be a great way to get to know each other and share information.

post here with your wedding info.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 baconnic

baconnic
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 06:44 PM

I have decided on Playa Del Carmen but need help decided on a hotel and ceremony site.

We'll have about 40 people. 2 kids, one 2 and one 5. Other that that it will be adults over 30. We want a short ceremony and a nice dinner. I do not need a hall, a dj, etc. I want to keep things very simple.

#3 weez

weez
    • 151 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 06:26 PM

I also have decided on the Mayan riviera and would like to be married at the end of March. Really like the look of thr Royal porto real and also El dorado royale. Does anyone know much about these resorts? Also am I leaving it a bit late to book for next year? Would be grateful for any info!

#4 VALERIE

VALERIE
      • 97 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:59 PM

I have just booked the Allegro Playacar. This resort was by far not our first choice, but I am happy with the smaller, quaint resort. We are getting married in January 2007 (just booked 2 weeks ago!).

I was the most happy with the Grand Palladium in the Riviera, however, they fill up fast on wedding dates and times available.

If I can give any advice, it would be to make sure your travel agent checks on the wedding dates available. Ours didn't and got everyone's hopes up on the 5 star hotel. Most were crushed to find out that we are now at a 3 star and paying the same price!

Best of luck!

#5 andreslove

andreslove
        • 227 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:10 PM

I am getting married at the Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort on March 3, 2007. So far, I am happy with the service. Our main concern is our guests. The Moon Palace is not the cheapest place to stay and is located by itself. We're looking for alternative hotels for our guests that's less costly.

#6 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
          • 11,659 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:36 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by andreslove
          I am getting married at the Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort on March 3, 2007. So far, I am happy with the service. Our main concern is our guests. The Moon Palace is not the cheapest place to stay and is located by itself. We're looking for alternative hotels for our guests that's less costly.

gosh, it is out by itself. also, your wedding is during the high season so it is more expensive...i sent you a PM

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
          Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
          Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
          Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
          sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
          Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#7 Jackie

Jackie
          • 2,290 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 04:41 PM

I am getting married in the Rivier Maya for sure and almost positive that it will be at the Occidental Grand Xcaret resort. We are planning on sending out about 50 invites and hoping that only 30ish will end up comming.

When I first came on to this site I was set on a Cabo wedding but recently have made my mind up on the Riviera. The one thing I have really learned from the Cabo brides though is that they are eachothers best source of information. If all of us Cancun/PDC/Riviera brides start posting the little bits of info we find I think we will be in good shape.

Baconnic - I'll keep my eye out for resorts that sound like they would fit your wedding needs. are you thinking All Inclusive or not?

Weez - Both the Royal and the El Dorado seem like really nice spots to have a wedding and there is a ton of information about them floating around on the internet. I think there is a couple posts about these two resorts on this forum allready. If I come across any info on them I'll be sure to post it.

Valerie - I am so excited that you are having a weeding at an Occidental Resort. I am very interested to see how well the Occidental resorts handle their weddings.
            My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
            http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#8 weez

weez
            • 151 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:26 AM

Finally decided on the ElDorado (yay!) , and got my wedding date (24th March) so am really relieved that I don't have to stress about that anymore!! Only have around 15 to 20 people going and want to keep it as low key as possible, but am already seeing how easy it would be for the budget to go out of the window! Trying to stay on track!! lol!!

#9 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,996 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 02:49 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by weez
                Finally decided on the ElDorado (yay!) , and got my wedding date (24th March) so am really relieved that I don't have to stress about that anymore!! Only have around 15 to 20 people going and want to keep it as low key as possible, but am already seeing how easy it would be for the budget to go out of the window! Trying to stay on track!! lol!!
                Yay Weez! That's so exciting to have the location figured out- big relief, huh? Good luck and can't wait to hear about the rest of your plans!

#10 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 03:01 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by weez
                weez (louise,

my friends are going to be there in feb. for valentine's day, you want me to try to get certain pics for you? im sure there will be weddings that week!

Awards and recognition: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users