Photo

Notarized copy of birth certificate

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 irishfrog

irishfrog
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:43 PM

What does that mean? Does that mean I just take a photocopy of my birth cerficate on a piece of paper and have a notary sign it or is it more complicated than that? Is the original birth certificate supposed to be notarized? Mine is laminated so I don't know how I'd have that done?

Perhaps this is a late at night and I'm too tired to think question but PLEASE tell me how to do this paperwork requirement!

#2 lauraandmatt

lauraandmatt
    • 127 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:50 PM

This means an orginal birth certficate. The orginal b/c's should have a raised seal on it, indicating that it's official from the state which you were born. I don't think that the hotel will accept a photo copy.

#3 dodds

dodds
      • 44 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:41 AM

You'll need a notary/lawyer to copy and notarize that the document (birth certificate) mailed is a true copy of the original. It will look like a colour copy (being laminated will still copy) but will have a raied seal stamp.

#4 Ryan's girl

Ryan's girl
        • 256 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:32 AM

Hi there!

We ordered another copy of our birth certificate. Our resort specified that we have the "long version" of our birth certificate (not the credit card size one).

I would check exactly what the requirements are for your resort. Different resorts have different requirements for a legal ceremony.

Here is a thread with some of the info that might be useful.

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t32958
          Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
          http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42700
          My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

#5 kitty_kat_uk

kitty_kat_uk
          • 170 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:54 AM

It seems complicated for you guys. I've been reading some other threads talking about the cost of having it done too.

Im in the UK. I went to my solicitors yesterday. They took a copy of the birth certificates and passports. On the copy they stamped it with their official stamp to say: We hereby certify this to be a true and accurate copy of the original. they then signed each one. This cost me £10 (approx $14).

I have scanned these copies and sent them to Chandlyn. Just waiting to see if she wants a hard copy or not. Obviously I'll be taking the originals with me when we go!

#6 blurt

blurt
            • 105 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:31 AM

I'm really confused now, we have been told by our travel agent that we have to send a copy of our b/c and passport and they send it on. Do I need to send them to Chandlyn as well ?

#7 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
              • 215 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:07 AM

You need to send notarized PHOTOCOPIES of your birth certificate and passports. The notary will put their seal on the photocopy to certify that it is a true copy of the original. No need to send your actual birth certificate and passport to Jamaica!

#8 tina82

tina82
                • 184 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:12 AM

You need Passport and Birth cerficate
                  It is a photo of copy done at a local notery in color they sing it and stamp it with a special stamp.
                  From what i read your b/c needs to be long version (with fathers name) but I could be wrong, we just got new ones just in case (it only took a month to get them). Send the notery copy to w/c. When you go down there for the wedding take original with you dont forget them.
                  That is for Jamaica as far as I know
                  Christina

#9 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
                  • 1,097 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:14 AM

Blurt- Determine if your TA will send it or if you will send it on. I would suggest that you send it in yourself to Chandlyn.

#10 kitty_kat_uk

kitty_kat_uk
                    • 170 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:48 PM

Hi Blurt
                      If you've booked your wedding through Thomson I think they sort everything for you. Thomson didn't have the date I wanted so I went direct to the hotel which is why I've sorted it myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users