Jump to content


Notarized copy of birth certificate

  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 irishfrog

  • Newbie
  • 7 posts

    Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:43 PM

    What does that mean? Does that mean I just take a photocopy of my birth cerficate on a piece of paper and have a notary sign it or is it more complicated than that? Is the original birth certificate supposed to be notarized? Mine is laminated so I don't know how I'd have that done?

    Perhaps this is a late at night and I'm too tired to think question but PLEASE tell me how to do this paperwork requirement!

    #2 lauraandmatt

    • Newbie
    • 127 posts

      Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:50 PM

      This means an orginal birth certficate. The orginal b/c's should have a raised seal on it, indicating that it's official from the state which you were born. I don't think that the hotel will accept a photo copy.

      #3 dodds

      • Newbie
      • 44 posts

        Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:41 AM

        You'll need a notary/lawyer to copy and notarize that the document (birth certificate) mailed is a true copy of the original. It will look like a colour copy (being laminated will still copy) but will have a raied seal stamp.

        #4 Ryan's girl

        Ryan's girl
        • Jr. Member
        • 256 posts

          Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:32 AM

          Hi there!

          We ordered another copy of our birth certificate. Our resort specified that we have the "long version" of our birth certificate (not the credit card size one).

          I would check exactly what the requirements are for your resort. Different resorts have different requirements for a legal ceremony.

          Here is a thread with some of the info that might be useful.

          Our ELIZABETH MEDINA slideshow
          My Iberostar Lindo reviewhttp://bestdestinati...om/forum/t42812

          #5 kitty_kat_uk

          • Jr. Member
          • 170 posts

            Posted 14 January 2009 - 08:54 AM

            It seems complicated for you guys. I've been reading some other threads talking about the cost of having it done too.

            Im in the UK. I went to my solicitors yesterday. They took a copy of the birth certificates and passports. On the copy they stamped it with their official stamp to say: We hereby certify this to be a true and accurate copy of the original. they then signed each one. This cost me £10 (approx $14).

            I have scanned these copies and sent them to Chandlyn. Just waiting to see if she wants a hard copy or not. Obviously I'll be taking the originals with me when we go!

            #6 blurt

            • Newbie
            • 105 posts

              Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:31 AM

              I'm really confused now, we have been told by our travel agent that we have to send a copy of our b/c and passport and they send it on. Do I need to send them to Chandlyn as well ?

              #7 geology_rocks

              • Jr. Member
              • 215 posts

                Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:07 AM

                You need to send notarized PHOTOCOPIES of your birth certificate and passports. The notary will put their seal on the photocopy to certify that it is a true copy of the original. No need to send your actual birth certificate and passport to Jamaica!

                #8 tina82

                • Jr. Member
                • 184 posts

                  Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:12 AM

                  You need Passport and Birth cerficate
                  It is a photo of copy done at a local notery in color they sing it and stamp it with a special stamp.
                  From what i read your b/c needs to be long version (with fathers name) but I could be wrong, we just got new ones just in case (it only took a month to get them). Send the notery copy to w/c. When you go down there for the wedding take original with you dont forget them.
                  That is for Jamaica as far as I know

                  #9 YoursTruly

                  • Sr. Member
                  • 1,097 posts

                    Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:14 AM

                    Blurt- Determine if your TA will send it or if you will send it on. I would suggest that you send it in yourself to Chandlyn.

                    #10 kitty_kat_uk

                    • Jr. Member
                    • 170 posts

                      Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:48 PM

                      Hi Blurt
                      If you've booked your wedding through Thomson I think they sort everything for you. Thomson didn't have the date I wanted so I went direct to the hotel which is why I've sorted it myself.

                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users