Sign in to follow this  
Tobi

Momentos from your wedding location?

I was thinking I REALLY would love a watercolor or oil painting of the Seven Mile beach we are marrying on in Grand Cayman. Are you guys buying a special momento or souvenir from your wedding location? What are you buying??

We had planned on buying a Bermudian Cedar Wedding Goblet, and would have...if one of our guests hadn't given one to us as a gift.

We also got an ornament for our tree, a newlywed couple under a moongate.

We bought a stone sculpture of two shapes intertwining, to symbolize us becoming one. Of course, the 1st week home Matt knocked it over and one of the "heads" broke off. But we were able to glue it back on and you can barely tell.

I would love to get something like that. Since my photo package comes with a canvas wrap that we will probably get while we are down there, I doubt I will have enough space to bring home a painting, but that is a wonderful idea! I hope we can find something to take home as a memento as well wink.gif

We bought a Dominican love statue. It's a wooden sculpture that has a couple intertwined (there's probably a made in Taiwan sticker on the bottom lol). I was trying to find a christmas ornament there but couldnt find anything. I usually get one when i go away. We also ended up buying an infant's tshirt that we will give to our future baby.

Even though our sand got all smushed up and swirled around, we brought back our little part of the beach with us in our sand ceremony vase. It now sits on a little ledge with a pic of us next to it.

I brought back lots of silver/pewter bowls, serving dishes and picture frames. I figured since we didn't do china, our kids can fight over who gets the mexican wedding dishes when we get old and tire of entertaining! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek View Post
We bought a Dominican love statue. It's a wooden sculpture that has a couple intertwined (there's probably a made in Taiwan sticker on the bottom lol). I was trying to find a christmas ornament there but couldnt find anything. I usually get one when i go away. We also ended up buying an infant's tshirt that we will give to our future baby.
OOO.. where did you get this love statue? I 'love' that idea! Can I buy it maybe from one of the vendors at the resort?