Photo

Momentos from your wedding location?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Tobi

Tobi
  • 163 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:09 PM

I was thinking I REALLY would love a watercolor or oil painting of the Seven Mile beach we are marrying on in Grand Cayman. Are you guys buying a special momento or souvenir from your wedding location? What are you buying??

#2 Jenn79

Jenn79
    • 625 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:26 PM

We had planned on buying a Bermudian Cedar Wedding Goblet, and would have...if one of our guests hadn't given one to us as a gift.

We also got an ornament for our tree, a newlywed couple under a moongate.
      Jenn & Timm, May 10, 2007
      Review Pictures Pro Pictures
      "i write to be read" Fiction by Timm Holmes

#3 BachataBride

BachataBride
      • Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:32 PM

I plan on having my mom paint us a pic of the wedding location.
        But I love the tree ornament thing - I will have to keep an eye out for something like that!

#4 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:00 PM

We bought a stone sculpture of two shapes intertwining, to symbolize us becoming one. Of course, the 1st week home Matt knocked it over and one of the "heads" broke off. But we were able to glue it back on and you can barely tell.

#5 KatyKo

KatyKo
          • 851 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:04 PM

I would love to get something like that. Since my photo package comes with a canvas wrap that we will probably get while we are down there, I doubt I will have enough space to bring home a painting, but that is a wonderful idea! I hope we can find something to take home as a memento as well

#6 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
            • VIP Member
            • 18,452 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:04 PM

We bought a Dominican love statue. It's a wooden sculpture that has a couple intertwined (there's probably a made in Taiwan sticker on the bottom lol). I was trying to find a christmas ornament there but couldnt find anything. I usually get one when i go away. We also ended up buying an infant's tshirt that we will give to our future baby.
              ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
              Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
              Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#7 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:10 PM

We got the same thing almost, Danielle!

And I WISH we had gotten something for future children. But we weren't thinking that far ahead, I guess...

#8 Celina

Celina
                • Banned
                • 2,811 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:13 PM

Even though our sand got all smushed up and swirled around, we brought back our little part of the beach with us in our sand ceremony vase. It now sits on a little ledge with a pic of us next to it.

I brought back lots of silver/pewter bowls, serving dishes and picture frames. I figured since we didn't do china, our kids can fight over who gets the mexican wedding dishes when we get old and tire of entertaining! LOL!
                  "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#9 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:14 PM

That's a great idea, Celena! Mexican wedding dishes.

I forgot we also have the sand too...

#10 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
                    • 1,083 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:44 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek
                      We bought a Dominican love statue. It's a wooden sculpture that has a couple intertwined (there's probably a made in Taiwan sticker on the bottom lol). I was trying to find a christmas ornament there but couldnt find anything. I usually get one when i go away. We also ended up buying an infant's tshirt that we will give to our future baby.
                      OOO.. where did you get this love statue? I 'love' that idea! Can I buy it maybe from one of the vendors at the resort?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users