Sign in to follow this  
SarahMc

How to thank bridal shower hostesses?

So my bridal shower is coming up and my aunt and a good friend of my mom's that I have known since I was little are hosting it together. Are you supposed to buy the hostess a gift for throwing you a shower or is just a nice thank you note enough? A friend suggested I just get them each a nice bottle of wine. Does anyone have advice? What did you do?

Thanks!

Sarah

i didn't have a shower and really no nothing about them, but from what i've heard, most give a small thank you gift. wine would be awesome. or maybe a small wine and cheese basket (YUM!!!) along with a thank you note.

i mean, overall i think a thank you note might be enough, but it's always nice to do a little extra for those who make an effort for you!

I bought gifts for the hostesses of my showers. I just did $50 gcs to stores that they liked. They did not expect them, but I felt like it was the least I could do considering their generosity

I had custom luggage tags made for them that I'm going to give them at the shower this weekend. They probably don't expect a gift so anything is thoughtful, even just a thank you card.

I haven't thought about this. My best friend is hosting mine, and she was going to be in my wedding, but her baby is due a couple weeks later so she couldn't make the trip. I'm planning to give her an honorary thank you/BM gift as a thank you.

I think I'll give her a nice piece of jewelry from Tiffany's or something. But the gift card idea, flowers or bottle of wine sound like a good thank you gift as well.

I didn't give my mom and MIL a present for my shower but my friends are hosting another shower for me and I'm planning to give them a brooch to use with the dress their using in my wedding..

My MOH & her parents hosted my shower. I brought a bottle of wine for her parents since they were opening up their home for all the bridal craziness! I also wrote MOH & her parents very personal thank you notes afterward. I treated my MOH to her hair/makeup and jewelry for the wedding, so I didn't really feel like I needed to gift her.