Cancun PHOTOGRAPHERS

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#211 LHCanada

LHCanada
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 05:31 PM

Hi all!

I'm new to this forum, and I have a question I am hoping I can get some feedback on!

We are in the process of booking a Cancun area photographer who requires a 50% deposit at the time of booking.  Is this common for most photographers in the area? I'm all gung-ho to make the payment because I REALLY like this photographer, but my fianc© and family members are a little hesitant as they don't want us to get "ripped off" (for a lack of a better word).  What are your experiences/opinions on this?

#212 omontes

omontes
    • Vendor
    • 187 posts
      • LocationCancun

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:44 AM

Hi ladies!

We hope you had a great weekend, we're so happy to write for you on this topic, please take a look at our photography work:

http://www.OctavioMontes.com

Attached File  _MG_4843 copia.JPG   300.84KB   2 downloads

#213 Mikecantarell

Mikecantarell

Insiders

• Insiders
      • 338 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:52 AM

Hello Brides to be,

I want to share a beautiful destination wedding full of magic moments that took place at JW Marriot Cancun.

Take a look at it 

#214 omontes

omontes
        • Vendor
        • 187 posts
          • LocationCancun

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

Hi BD brides! 

It's a pleasure to write for you on this topic, I want to share those unforgettable moments with you. 

please take a look at the wedding of Erin and David on the beach that took place at Palladium, was magical and cute.

Attached File  _A5A4467.JPG   346.09KB   3 downloads

#215 pddcmc

pddcmc
          • 610 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - North Beach
          • LocationColorado

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:38 PM

How do you ultimately decide which photographer to hire? It's so hard to make a decision when I can't talk to anyone in person..

I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.

Planning Journal & Blog

My wedding pictures from Del Sol Photography

#216 tygrrlily

tygrrlily
          • 831 posts
          • Wedding Date:December 19, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Beach Palace in Cancun, Mexico
          • LocationToronto

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:39 AM

@pddcmc - Have you started contacting photographers yet? A lot have offered to call or do a skype conversation if you prefer instead of email. Personally I've been looking at photographer's portfolios and keeping that in mind with price. I'm also trying to look at as many albums as possible (and the whole album - not just the 10 best pics they put in their blog post)

Married December 19, 2014 at Beach Palace Resort in Cancun, Mexico

My Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...-resort-121914/

My Wedding Review

Part 1 - http://www.bestdesti...1914/?p=1881197

Part 2 - http://www.bestdesti...1914/?p=1881590

Part 3 - http://www.bestdesti...1914/?p=1881861

#217 acw271011

acw271011
          • Moderators
          • 3,128 posts
          • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
          • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
          • LocationToronto Area

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:04 AM

How do you ultimately decide which photographer to hire? It's so hard to make a decision when I can't talk to anyone in person..

@tygrrlily is right. Research. Spend some time on the internet looking at what the photographers' work looks like, and what attracts you. It will be very individual in terms of what you like and what you don't like in their styles. The contact them and ask for their pricing and what they offer. How many hours, how many shots, even how long it will take them to get your photos to you. There are some very, very, well qualified photographers in Mexico that do some beautiful work. You just have to do a little bit of work yourself, and see what you like and what you think will work for you!

Good luck and happy planning!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#218 pddcmc

pddcmc
          • 610 posts
          • Wedding Date:April 17, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun - North Beach
          • LocationColorado

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

@tygrrlily - I have contacted 3 or 4 photogs for quotes and availability, but no one has offered to skype. I think I will request to do that if they can. 

@acw271011 - thanks for the advice! It seems like hours, shots, and receiving the final photos varies so much for photogs. I think I need to devote a few hours a week to do thorough research.

I love him & he loves me, we'll be married by the sea.

Planning Journal & Blog

My wedding pictures from Del Sol Photography

#219 bicoastalimages

bicoastalimages
          • Vendor
          • 90 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

@pddcmc...it is tough to not be able to sit down with any of us in person but often a phone call or Skype video chat is definitely the next best thing. This is also the best way to really go over everything in detail, get to know you & your fiancé as well as answer any questions you might have immediately without having to go back and forth via email. 

A special opportunity for Toronto brides @tygrrlily & @acw271011...we are currently scheduling IN PERSON consultations in the Toronto area with future beach brides & grooms for the first week of June during an upcoming visit. Contact us if you're interested in booking an appointment

#220 acw271011

acw271011
            • Moderators
            • 3,128 posts
            • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
            • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
            • LocationToronto Area

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:54 AM

@pddcmc...it is tough to not be able to sit down with any of us in person but often a phone call or Skype video chat is definitely the next best thing. This is also the best way to really go over everything in detail, get to know you & your fiancé as well as answer any questions you might have immediately without having to go back and forth via email. 

A special opportunity for Toronto brides @tygrrlily & @acw271011...we are currently scheduling IN PERSON consultations in the Toronto area with future beach brides & grooms for the first week of June during an upcoming visit. Contact us if you're interested in booking an appointment

I would definitely be interested! I tried the contact link and something went wrong with it, or it may just be my stupid computer at work.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users