Photo

33 days to wedding & Aunt FLO is visting.. Are You Kidding me??

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 clmarti1

clmarti1
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:52 PM

I used Nuvaring also up until a month ago. Even with my insurance, I had to pay $40 for every ring. I'd rather take the pill that costs me $5! Although I loved the convenience!

#22 BeautifulBridetoBe

BeautifulBridetoBe
    • 147 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:25 AM

Hmmm...really not a fan of menstrual suppression for months at a time.

I read an article recently about taking a "menstrual holiday" or menstrual suppression - what they've called taking the pill for months at a time or even a year to give the body a break from menstruation. Some doctors have suggested that a monthly period can be unhealthy for women because many find it inconvenient and it inteferes with their emotional, psychological, physical and professional well being.

I say be careful what you believe. Many doctors have different opinions.

Considering that menstruation is a natural occurence for women, I am not sure that the healthiest way to stay healthy is to take drugs that manipulate the natural functioning of your body for months in a row. If an overly extended menstrual holiday was natural, they body would do it on its own. Menstruation has it's benefits...like shedding cells from the uterus that can be cancerous, instead of allowing them to build up. And the long term effects of menstrual suppression are not known. Psychologically, menstrual suppression can begin to send the message that there is something "wrong" with the feminine cycle and it must be controlled or tamed.

We often attempt to plan, stage and manage every area of our lives...I get worried when we try to remove our periods for long periods of time to plan, stage and manage them too.

I believe in informed choice. I tried to find the article..it was in Chatelaine magazine in November, but it is not online. So I found this instead...listing equal pros and cons of menstrual suppression for long periods of time.

Menstrual Suppression
      http://www.weddingco...ubdgkri2xzd.png

Interested in sharing a Photographer: May 9 - 16, 2009
      Punta Cana, Dominican RepublicPM me if interested....

#23 tbriley22

tbriley22
      • 29 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:31 PM

I'm planning on skipping two months' worth of Auntie Flo time with my Nuvaring. That way, I'll be done with that a week before my wedding! You can do it with the pill too.

#24 Banana11

Banana11
        • VIP Member
        • 8,841 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 07:41 PM

The emotions of your wedding/trip coming up will also slow AF. Mine came late two months leading up to our wedding cruise and I didn't get it until the day after we got home! Yipeeeeee!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users