Photo

Dominican Republic Brides~ POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

#211 jlarruda

jlarruda
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:28 AM

Liz, I'm in the same boat as you.. I read the reviews of how they cake it on, so I'm thinking of just going to MAC for trials and purchasing products from them and then having one of my bridesmaids do it.. I've read about makeup artists going to the resort but I don't think I want to pay extra to have them actually come onto the resort and not meeting with them before hand/doing a trial.. so I think I'm going to do the safest way possible lol.

#212 megsosborn

megsosborn
    • 70 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:14 PM

Hey guys!  I just posted about my wedding experience in the Jellyfish thread :)  Loved EVERY minute of my time in the Dominican!  

#213 Sherio9090

Sherio9090
      • 71 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:33 AM

Jlaruda (hi again)  & Liz,

I am also getting married at the Jellyfish and staying at the Majestic Elegance in February of next year.

If you happen across any make up artists let me know. My bridesmaids are my sisters and we're all sporty Vermonter's who didn't realize that makeup existed until college. I might need to ask one of my guests to help out instead of chancing it with the salon as well.

Do you either of you know how far it is from the Majestic to the Jellyfish?  We have some kiddos and elderly guests and I am not sure if they will make it the whole night at the Jellyfish, so I need to see if I can get an early pick up for those guest.

Hope all is going well with your planning.
        Sheri

#214 Liz T

Liz T
        • 46 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:31 AM

Sherio,

The Jellyfish is approx. 30 min. from the Majestic.  I'm sure that Mayte could arrange for earlier transportation for a few of the guests if they would like to leave earlier.  You could probably even just play the night by ear and let Mayte know when you'd like some earlier transportation.   Mayte is very accomodating. 

#215 vav11238

vav11238
          • 166 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:58 AM

Here are two area maps: one is of the entire area but doesn't show where the Jellyfish is, the second shows you where the Jellyfish is but the Majestic isn't on that map. Hope these are helpful!

Jlaruda (hi again)  & Liz,

I am also getting married at the Jellyfish and staying at the Majestic Elegance in February of next year.

If you happen across any make up artists let me know. My bridesmaids are my sisters and we're all sporty Vermonter's who didn't realize that makeup existed until college. I might need to ask one of my guests to help out instead of chancing it with the salon as well.

Do you either of you know how far it is from the Majestic to the Jellyfish?  We have some kiddos and elderly guests and I am not sure if they will make it the whole night at the Jellyfish, so I need to see if I can get an early pick up for those guest.

Hope all is going well with your planning.
            Sheri

#216 Sherio9090

Sherio9090
            • 71 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:34 AM

Thank you Liz and Vav!

This is really helpful.  So many little logistics that you don't think about until you suddenly realize that your 2 year old nephew probably doesn't want to hang out till midnight with a bunch of intoxicated, dancing fiends.

#217 Miss Sunshyne

Miss Sunshyne
              • 222 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:14 AM

Thanks for the links!! awesome maps, I'm staying at the Paradisus Punta Cana and although I've gone there twice I don't know much of the outside area well, this will def help my guest :)

Originally Posted by vav11238 

Here are two area maps: one is of the entire area but doesn't show where the Jellyfish is, the second shows you where the Jellyfish is but the Majestic isn't on that map. Hope these are helpful!

http://puntacanatv.c...A-AREAS-MAP.pdf

http://puntacanatv.c...A-CANA-MAP4.pdf

11.12.2011 "Living for the Love of you" Paradisus Punta Cana

#218 Liz T

Liz T
                • 46 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:05 PM

Keep in mind that the upstairs has a lovely seating area with a few very relaxing lounge chairs and a lounge style bed.  So the two year old might be just as happy falling asleep upstairs (if he's the type that doesn't mind loud music - and can fall asleep anywhere).

#219 cdc150

cdc150
                  • 332 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

Paradisus Punta Cana, 4/21/12

#220 emilyjane

emilyjane
                    • 40 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

Good afternoon!

I'll be getting married at the Gran Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado, Samana on May 9, 2011.  Can't wait for May to come!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users