Engagement Ring - GONE!!!! **UPDATE #67**

Yeah....you read it right. My Tacori Engagement ring is GONE! My FI and I were downtown Saturday night and got robbed. We reported it to the cops...but come on...the chance of me getting my ring back are slim to none. On the bright side, it is a very uncommon ring and if it shows up anywhere the cops are to be notified. It took everything I had to not just Karate chop the guy in the neck....just to keep my ring. I was going to post this last night....but my internet was being stupid and I was just to upset Saturday. And to make matters worse I was going to contact State Farm this morning and indclude my ring on our insurance. So.....what to do now? Wait for Atlanta PD to find my ring or just go get a less expensive one? I feel so naked without it! My FI has been a trooper and wanted to go look at rings yesterday....but it's not my Tacori. Am I being a baby about not wanting to go look at other rings? I just don't know what to do.

Well, thanks for letting me vent...I feel a little bit better!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh no! my worst nightmare sad.gif that really sucks!

maybe you could find a very similar one and if your original one turns up (+++++++++++++fingers crossed!) then maybe you can exchange the new one for a credit towards some other piece of jewelry??

so sorry sad.gif

ps that HAD to be so scary! what happened??

We were just walking to our car from dinner and this guy walks up to us pointing a gun at us and tells us to give him our money and jewelry. I thought I would be sneeky and turn my ring around so it just looked like a band....NOPE...he took it. After it all happened I just stood there. I couldn't even cry, i was in shock. I couldn't believe what had happened. I mean....it's not like we look like we have a lot of money or anything. I keep saying to myself...."why us?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_miss_frogg View Post
We were just walking to our car from dinner and this guy walks up to us pointing a gun at us and tells us to give him our money and jewelry. I thought I would be sneeky and turn my ring around so it just looked like a band....NOPE...he took it. After it all happened I just stood there. I couldn't even cry, i was in shock. I couldn't believe what had happened. I mean....it's not like we look like we have a lot of money or anything. I keep saying to myself...."why us?"
That's insane! I'm so sorry he took your ring. Hopefully it turns up soon and it's all a bad memory. I would put calls out to pawn shops in the area and not count on the police only to do that for you.

OMG that's terrible hun! I'm sooo soo sorry! I don't know what I would do without my ring. We get so attached to it. I don't blame you for not wanting to go out and look at rings right away, I probably wouldn't be ready either. Give it a few days. See what the insurance company says. Was it insured? if it was, maybe you can get the exact same one again.

I can't believe ppl...robbing someone is so heartless and cowardly!! why can't ppl just get jobs and work hard like everyone else sad.gif grr I probably would have kicked the guy too sad.gif

I am so sorry! I feel so bad for you! I agree with Andrea about calling or going to all the pawn shops-he may pawn it for drug money, etc. Maybe you could bring all the pawn shops a picture of what it looks like with your name and number on it. I also agree with Tara about waiting until you find something you love. If it was me I would just get a small band and wait until I find the ring of my dreams again. I am so sorry! Atlanta can be so dangerous!

I am sooo sorry to hear that this happened to you!

I'm glad that both of you are okay & that no one was hurt. In the end, thats what really matters the most!!!

I think that you should take a few days & then figure out what you want to do in terms of getting another ring.smile03.gif