Sign in to follow this  
Kriswim

FI wants to see my dress!?!?

I'm the same, i'm that used to sharing absolutely everything with h2b, that i'm finding it really hard not showing him ideas that i like, i don't know what i'm going to be like when i actually have a dress!

I'll be ok leaving the dress in our house though, he under no circumstances wants to see it, so thats all good.

i was talking the other night about our bridesmaid dresses and flowergirls dress, and he was like, you can't show me these, then i'll know the colours...i was like, erm, you are allowed to know the colours you dafty! i am now thinking he is just trying to get out of the whole planning!lmao

I told my FI the dress has some color in it and showed him the color swatch, but that is as much as he gets to know about the dress. Knowing my color might impact what he and his guys wear but other than that I want the wedding day surprise

I am so glad some people have run into the same problem as me! I have told him how i feel: special moment yadda yadda, but he doesn't care. Oh well he is just going to have to wait. As long as I don't talk about it he forgets. I am going to keep it at my moms ( she lives 2 hrs away) and then get it right before we leave. Wow - amazing how men make things so complicated! haha...thanks girls!

FI always teased that he was going to look, but never any follow through. Guys like to see us squirm. And he probably knows he cant, and its bugging him.

Stand your ground! He isn't going to die so he needs to relax. And tell him it is YOU inside the dress, so it isn't that big of a suprise. Just say it will be me looking my best ever. Maybe offer to meet him before the ceremony to do pictures- I know my Fi really wanted that, before everyone else saw me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire723 View Post
Haha, I had the opposite problem. I wanted to show my FI my dress to get his opinion, but he doesn't want to see it before the wedding.

I don't personally think it's bad luck, plus you can take some before wedding pictures if he's already seen you. It's really up to you guys. If he feels strongly about it, ask him why. If you feel strongly, tell him why. Talk it out and see if you can find a solution.
I had the same problem sappihire. I wanted to show him being though this is my second wedding. I wasn't concern about him seeing it. Then I thought about it and wanted it to be a surprise.

I showed mine a couple of pictures of my dress online. I dont care if he looks at it when it comes home with me. He's not really concerned about how it looks - that's my job.

Mine went with me to get mine so he already knows what it looks like. I don't believe in the bad luck thing. He will still be amazed when he sees me walking down the aisle. Didn't bother me one bit.

Tell him to SUCK IT! FI hasn't even asked because he knows that I'm so excited to surprise him. Just tell him how important it is to you. And why does he want to see it so bad? Does he feel like he has to approve it or something? Just because he doesn't like surprises is not a good enough excuse to me! And it's bad luck!!!

Sorry if I was a little harsh wink.gif

I also wanted to show my fiance my dress but he will not look at it either. The boutique I bought the dress from sent me a swatch so he could match the color but the style is going to be hard without him seeing it. I'm just planning to have more input on his outfit choices in order to make sure our outfits work together.