Photo

? 4 Florida Brides Who Have Gotten Married In Jamaica

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OROBride1008

OROBride1008
  • 417 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:00 PM

I have a question. Does Florida accept a Jamaican marriage license? People at work are telling me that I should get married here in Florida before I go, but have the ceremony there because it would be easier for me to get a copy of my marrige license locally than wait 2-3 months. What do you ladies think? I'm not sure I want to do that because I want the big day to be down there. Let me know what you think or what you did.

#2 FLgator

FLgator
    • 253 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:50 PM

I live in Tampa and we are getting married on 1/19 in Jamaica. It may take up to 8 weeks to get our certificate, but we wanted to do it once and in Jamaica. Its should be accepted everywhere (I hope!) Good Luck!

#3 OROBride1008

OROBride1008
      • 417 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:39 PM

We are practically neighbors :0) Thanks for the comment. Good luck and Congrats on your upcoming Big Day!!!

#4 bashigyal

bashigyal
        • 64 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:10 AM

I live in Ft. Lauderdale and had my wedding in Jamaica on Jan 18th. We had a quick civil ceremony at the courthouse here because the paperwork will be much quicker. Our Jamaica marriage was legal also, but I know I'll get my FL certificate first!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users