Wedding Website

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 jaxsebridetobe

jaxsebridetobe
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:40 PM

Hello,

I'm looking to start a wedding website and am wondering if anyone wants to share their links to their websites so I can get some ideas of what to put in mine :)

I would really appreciate it!!
    thanks!

#2 MarieSam

MarieSam
    • VIP Member
    • 2,336 posts
      • LocationSouthern California

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:52 PM

You're welcomed to look at mine ~ the link is in my siggy and the password is: Akumal -- it's still a work in progress but for the most part, it's done.

I know looking at other BDW members wedsites helped me immensely in getting mine together, so make sure to check for links in other members' siggys as you can usually find them there too

#3 *Casey*

*Casey*
      • 5,209 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:55 PM

I just started putting mine together, but it's at the bottom of my siggy if you want to take a peek.

#4 Sal018

Sal018
        • 25 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:55 PM

Is it free to make a website?

#5 jaxsebridetobe

jaxsebridetobe
          • 44 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:22 AM

Thanks! Both of you have done a great job! I love the song you have MarieSam! I'm not very computer literate...how do you upload a song onto the website?

#6 MarieSam

MarieSam
            • VIP Member
            • 2,336 posts
              • LocationSouthern California

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:25 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Sal018
              Is it free to make a website?
              There are some sites that are free and offer a lot of great features. But many sites offer additional features with some type of fee, usually in the range of about $35 to $90 -- depending on how long you want your site up.

Here are some links that might be helpful when looking at your site options:

Thanks! Both of you have done a great job! I love the song you have MarieSam! I'm not very computer literate...how do you upload a song onto the website?
              Hey girl ~ thanks so much, believe it or not I still have lots I wanna add (suggested activities, etc.) I love that song too hehehe ~ I am a huge Sade fan, and the other 4 songs are some of mine and FI's favorites as well.

As far as adding a song to your site, on wedding window there is actually an option page which allows you to add up to 5 songs. Me being the "illegal song downloader" ssshhh ..... I got my songs off limewire.com and then went to the song upload option on my wedsite and added them. On weddingwindow I believe the songs must be in either jpeg or wav format. It's all very easy and the steps are explained pretty clearly on that section of the site.

Let me know if you've got any other questions

#7 zethers

zethers
              • 135 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:41 PM

I'm such a procrastinator but since we are having a destination wedding, I figured a wedding website would make it a lot easier on everyone, and it was a lot of fun. Feel free to look at ours... martinezolague.com

If you have any questions feel free to ask. I hadn't found this forum prior to setting it up, but MarieSam gave me a good idea to check out other websites to get some ideas...that's my project at work tomorrow!! hehe.

#8 hmk012

hmk012
                • 33 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:08 PM

Here's mine!
                  Jason and Holly's Wedding - wedding website by mywedding.com
                  Holly
                  March 2009 NCL Wedding Cruise

44 People Confirmed!http://tickers.Ticke....0c87/event.png

#9 hmk012

hmk012
                  • 33 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:09 PM

By the way mine was free to do and it was really easy! I've gotten a lot of people tell me how well I did on making it.........if they only knew how easy it was! :-)
                    Holly
                    March 2009 NCL Wedding Cruise

44 People Confirmed!http://tickers.Ticke....0c87/event.png

#10 Kristy621

Kristy621
                    • 102 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 03:22 PM

Wedding windows is what I used and it is sooooo easy it walks you through the steps. It was like 75.00 for the year but they have lesser times if you don't need it that long. They have example and different set ups you can view on the site.

Weddingwindow.com

Good luck
                      53 People Booked!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users