Now...what do I get FMIL??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 -Kate-

• VIP Member
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 05:48 PM

Here's the deal...

I posted the BM necklaces I was considering - starfish. Based on all your advice I've decided to go with the Tiffany starfish.

I want to get my mom and FMIL gifts too. There is a starfish brooch that matches the necklace. I know my mom would love it. FMIL would like it too - sort of. She wears really artsy/brightly colored jewlery and then silver. There is this awesome ring (Tiffany too) that I know she would love but it's not starfish at all. I think she will feel left out if I get the other 3 starfish stuff (FI agrees) and don't get it for her. But I think she would like/wear the ring more.

I guess I could always get my mom something totally non-starfish too then they would both be happy/not left out.

#2 mexicobride

• 88 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:00 PM

I think it's a good idea to get both mothers something not-starfish. It sets them apart from BMs but makes no one feel left out.

#3 NABUMBAH

• VIP Member
      • 931 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:04 PM

I don't know if this helps, but rather than getting gifts for our moms alone we did gifts for our parents. I got my mom and stepdad a GC to a swanky resort, and we're giving my dad & stepmom a nice BBQ.

Otherwise, I would say go with the gift that you think your mom will like the most regardless of whether it matches with the other girls.

#4 *JillD*

• 5,112 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:42 PM

I like the idea of getting the moms something different than the bm, that way both sets of people will feel special for different reasons.

#5 Jessalyn

• 1,876 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:02 PM

I agree. I think I would get them each something unique to them that you know they would love. It shows that you are really considering their tastes and that you view them as individuals rather than just as one of the girls (BMs).
            My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
            Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users