Photo

Transporting Silk Flowers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ashjanbro

ashjanbro
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:29 PM

For all of the brides who transported silk bouquets on the plane with them, how did you pack them to keep them from getting smashed? I am taking all of my flowers (bouquets, petals, decorative) with me and I'm really worried about how to pack them.

If you have any suggestions on how you transported all of your decorations, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

#2 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 9,504 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:11 PM

I wrapped mine in tissue and bubble wrap. I put all of the boutonnieres in a small box but sill wrapped them individually. I carried them on in a small suitcase and put them in the overhead bin. I packed extra florist tape and some wire and glue in in my checked bag in case I needed to make any repairs. I did have to fluff them a little but I think they did really well

#3 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
      • 4,881 posts
      • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
      • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
      • LocationNew York

Posted 12 January 2009 - 09:08 AM

I carried my bouquet and his bout on the plane with me - just tucked into the open top of my shoulder bag.

But anything hard sided (box, suitcase, etc), should protect them.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#4 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 10:16 AM

I took an older suitcase that and used it solely for my flowers, which were wrapped in tissue paper and bubble wrap. We checked this suitcase b/c of the size, but everything transported perfectly and there were no issues. Being silk, they are relatively easy to "fluff" and reshape the bouquets a bit during arrival. You should have no problems.

#5 ashjanbro

ashjanbro
        • 61 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:19 AM

Thank you ladies.

I will definitely try the tissue paper and bubble wrap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users