Photo

Anyone got any advice on Wyndham Sugar Bay Resort

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shelli_mac

shelli_mac
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:17 PM

Im trying to decide on whether Wyndham is the best place to get married in St Thomas...I have a friend who went there on her honeymoon and loved it but I just think its expensive...is it worth the cost?

Michelle

#2 sandinmytoes

sandinmytoes
    • 180 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:28 PM

I've been to St Thomas and by far its the jewel of the Carribbean!
      A friend of mine stayed there and loved it! I have been debating about that spot myself I havent been able to decide whether to go somewhere I have already been or try someplace new like DR? OH too many decisions :)

#3 amyblant

amyblant
      • 56 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:18 PM

We were just there on vacation. The Wyndam was really nice. The biggest drawback in my opinion was the beach. It is pretty small and rocky. There isn't much to do on the resort at night either but Red Hook is pretty close. If you would like any specifics feel free to PM me!

#4 haliescomet

haliescomet
        • 9 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:52 PM

We were there about 2 yrs ago and stayed for a week. It was nice. The food was okay. Nothing to rave about. There are a lot of steps down to the beach, but we didn't care. The beach was perfect for us. We would stay there again if we went back. We were actually considering St John for our wedding. The most beautiful beaches. St Thomas has gorgeous beaches as well. Some of the nicest I've seen. Right up there with Bermuda. I think you would be very happy there. OH amyblant is right, there is not much to do at night. We wished there was a little something more going on at the resort. One night they had entertainment at the bar near the pool.

#5 petunia

petunia
          • 113 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 12:07 PM

I've never stayed at the Wyndham Sugar Bay, but reports I've heard about it run similar to the above.

The thing about St. Thomas, and why there are so few All-Inclusive resorts, is that the island has so much to offer. There are fantastic restaurants, beaches, night spots everywhere. Lots of daytime activities as well. Folks who go to an AI often limit themselves to what's offered at the resort, and on St. Thomas, that's not where it's happenin'.

A rental car is advised as taxi rates are quite high and charges are per person. St. Thomas is not an island where you fear for your safety outside the resort as are some other islands.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users