Sign in to follow this  
JamaicaBrideToBe

Hello From ROR!!

I only have 10 minutes left on my internet, they are out of minutes until tomorrow morning. I haven't gone through to check my posting about requests people had for me while I was here. The two that I had since I left were to get pics of the pond gazebo which I did - lots!! And that the reception food at Mammee Bay can not be changed.

So....other than that!!! WOW!!!! Poolside reception was UNREAL!! They did every detail exactly as I asked and the display was utterly amazing, we had a total of 108 guests, everything worked out amazing. There is a beach reception I see that is happening as I was on my way down here and I must say, the location is very pretty but you are located directly behind the evening show which is very busy and very loud. We were off in our own little world with no interuption. Our speeches were not overtaken by the show (which goes from 7-11ish) and we had no stragglers.

Chandlyn is simply amazing. She can be hard to track I agree but that happens when you have 3 weddings a day, meetings to get them arranged, and meetings to arrange the following - I honestly don't know how she does it but I can get into all that she did when I have more time.

The hotel is beautiful, most of the people who work here are great and very accomidating. The rooms are clean, big, views are amazing.

Weather is gorgous, been here since Saturday and only 1 hour of light rain first thing in the morning. I do find that at this time of year the 4pm weddings will more than likely be clouded over, 6 out of the 7 days had light clouds before noon and blue skies around the 2pm slot.

The spa did a great job, we did mani's, pedi's, updo's and I went for a wrap the morning of (highly recommended!)

Anyways, I will check back within a couple of days if anyone has more requests I'll do what I can. Oh, and I highly recommend getting your wedding booked during the first few days of your time here. Seems like I barely saw daylight being so busy with preperations - which I expected, so I had 4 days of work and 10 days of relax!!!

Going for a drink.....

Cheers!

Vanessa

You're such a dedicated BDW member, checking in during your wedding week! Thanks for the update & I really can't wait to see your pics. Everything sounds like it was amazing!

Happy honeymooning!