Any other canadian Brides using Designer Pattis? My dress price went wayy up!

I just found out the dress that I absolutely loved has gone up in price from 1582 to 2362!!!! Thats insane!!! I LOVE the dress, but cannot see myself paying the new price for it!! Its by designer Pattis.. and there is only one store in my area here that carries this line and only 2 in all of Canada.. the next being Nova Scotia! I will try and upload an image of the dress... I am wondering if any of you know of an online site that carries Pattis other then the actual website so I can get it for less... any info you may have please pass it along to me!! Thanks..

Here goes the trying to upload the pic... sorry if it doesn't work

http://www.jasminebridal.com/J_2_1_1...eason=B&forb=b

Click the image to open in full size.

dress.doc

Sorry to hear the price has gone up so much on you. I guess I lucked out. The Pattis Bridal dresses are beautiful. I ordered mine in Halifax in October. I also tried to find an online seller, but with no luck. Unfortunately I was unable to open your attachment so I wasn't able to see which dress you like. I ordered the dress called Caresse on their website under the Fall 2008 section. Have you tried to call the store in Halifax (Felicity Bridal) to see what their price would be. It might be worth a try. I hope you find a dress you love in your price range.

Yeah I actually found their information on the internet and have contacted them about it... I wanted to find out if they had it for cheaper.. I also contacted Pattis on their website and informed me that they were charging correctly! Which really sucks! I guess my hunt is still on... so bummed cause I really wanted that dress.... ERG!!

hmm that is a pretty high jump in not alot of time sad.gif You should also think, if you find a dress that's similar that you like, you might be able to do the alterations to make it look like that one, and come out cheaper in the end.

Yeah I have done some new searching for dresses that are similar in style and such and have come across a few that are somewhat similar but different and pretty in their own ways... so I will see if I can find those ones in store and try them on... I may end up finding one I like more than the first one... if not I may have to convince my FI to let me buy the expensive one if it comes to that!!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
Tracy - I added the link and photo of your dress to your original posting. Check out the link in my siggy for forum directions on lots of things (uploading pictures).
I clicked on the link now, and its not my dress at all anymorehuh.gif

Thanks for your help!! But I've just received word from the Bridal salon that they are willing to honor the original price of the gown if I can buy it off the rack!! And when I went in before to try it on it was almost perfect!!! So looks like my dilemma may be solved after all and I get the dress of my dreams!!! So wicked!!! Totally made my day!!! YIPPIE!