Photo

Dilemma with Invites! PLEASE HELP!!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
  • 672 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:08 PM

If they are close friends or family, etiquitte is to send the invite even though they have already told you they cannont attend. Everyone that got a STD shoudl get the invite. I hated doing this but just finished mine last night and there are about 10 that I know can't make it but due to etiquitte, we needed to send.

#12 Sloan

Sloan
    • 1,279 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

I sent 75 invites, knowing full well that no one would be able to make it. In hind sight I wasted a lot of $$ but I really liked my invites! Ive got too many teachers, laid-off and pregnant friends!

#13 Ayita

Ayita
      • 861 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:28 PM

I send invites to everybody that are on my list even if they already said they could not make it. It is not a big amount of money compared to what you would have paid to feed and entertain them during your reception and dinner

#14 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,569 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:12 PM

Alyita, great way of putting it!

#15 tylersgirl

tylersgirl
          • 1,681 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:14 PM

I was in this situation too. We just went ahead and sent everyone an invite! Good luck!

#16 endlesslove

endlesslove
            • 362 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:58 PM

I'm wondering about the same thing. We're spending a little bit more on invites because we won't have many to do. Our woven paper is $10 a sheet, and we get 4 invites out of one piece, having to send extra invites out knowing that person isn't coming and I spent so much on that invite is what gets to me. I might order a few extra sheets of tan card stock and use that for the invites for t hose who said they can't make it. They still get an invite and I won't have to worry about it getting trashed.

#17 futuremrskeister

futuremrskeister
              • Banned
              • 14 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 02:22 PM

I have a question on all of this too... Our wedding is in only 6 months, we just got engaged last month and if we didn't do it in June this year, we wouldn't be able to do it until 2010 and we don't want to wait that long. (due to other close friends' weddings, grad school, holidays, etc.) So, we are just doing an E-Save the Date, which most everyone already knows our wedding website, so they are getting all of our travel info from there. I want to do the boarding pass invites, but just think it's weird since if people book their trip, we obviously know they are attending, so do we still request for them to mail in their rsvp (return ticket) to us and pay for all of that postage, etc.

Also, if we have an AHR, can you invite people to that if you don't invite them to the DW? I'm sure there is some type of etiquette to all of that, but I can't find the info.

Anyone know?? THanks so much!

#18 Outdoor_girl1010

Outdoor_girl1010
                • 657 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 12:29 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Ayita
                  I send invites to everybody that are on my list even if they already said they could not make it. It is not a big amount of money compared to what you would have paid to feed and entertain them during your reception and dinner
                  Very well put. Thanks for all the guys. We are going to just send them out to everyone. I know I have read that you can send the STD out up to a year out but what about the invite and the RSVP. I really would like to a head count more than a month out.
                  Cory & Jennifer
                  March 13, 2010Punta Cana D.R.!!http://i150.photobuc....3/IMG_6740.jpg

#19 meghanmbm

meghanmbm
                  • 203 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:07 PM

You can say you are haveing a small wedding with immediate family and super close friends or you need to send invites to everyone. I know its a waste of money but it will be worth it not to hurt someone you care about. I am sending invites to people that i dont even want to come, but i know that if i didnt i would be hurting their feelikng. I think that with the economy the way it is if you think that someone wont come they probally wont. You can also only send out invites to the AHR to the people you dont really want at the DW. In the end its your day so do waht makes you happy. : )
                    Live every day like the next will never come.

#20 jens

jens
                    • 13 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:48 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Outdoor_girl1010
                      Very well put. Thanks for all the guys. We are going to just send them out to everyone. I know I have read that you can send the STD out up to a year out but what about the invite and the RSVP. I really would like to a head count more than a month out.
                      For the head count my FI & I emailed everyone & put links to the resort where we are having the wedding & my two other options (accommodating various budgets). We recieved prompt responses. I had to badger a few key ppl who didnt get back to me but it seemed to work out well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users