Photo

Group BD Shoot for NYC/NJ Brides?

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 blondie25

blondie25
  • 87 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:40 PM

My suggestion is once we book a day to book a hotel through hotwire we wont know the hotel name till we pay but it is cheaper and usually the hotels are nice. There is a nice hotel in Jersey across form the city(Jersey city) Hyatt I booked it before via hotwire the rate was good and hotel wa nice.

#22 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
    • 1,083 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:53 PM

Hi Ladies,

I have heard back from Kamila and here are the answers to all of your questions...

Please let me know on this thread about date first.. I am open to taking off Friday, March 6th - but my work is flexible. I will go with the majority.

THE DATE- I am ok with either date honestly
      Kamila wrote:
      Would Friday March 6th work for you girls at all?
      I could do March 7th but I spoke to Michelle LoConte today and she has a wedding that day so she wouldn't be able to start until the afternoon. I prefer to start at noon or earlier so that we have as much natural light as possible. By March the sun sets a little later than it does now, so we might be okay if we start around 2:00, especially if we have no more than 4 girls in the group, that should be enough time!

Kamila wrote:
      And I cover the room cost up to $150, while most rooms in NYC are about $250, so anything over $150 would be split between the girls. If we have 5 girls, it would only be about $20 extra per person. Also, Michelle has a contact at one of the new super chic hotels in NYC so we are hoping to get a day-rate or some kind of deal which may be possible especialy if we are going to do the shoot during the week.

TIMING: Kristy.. I specifically asked about you since you are the soonest and she said it's definetely doable
      Kamila wrote:
      I actually do work on the sessions in order of who's getting married soonest or who needs the album finished soonest. Since the early spring is a far less busy time than the summer and fall, I would expect to be done with all the sessions in no more than a few weeks, so May is more than enough time.

DETAILS: It's the $400 package I listed on the first page of this thread to include:
      Kamila wrote:
      The $400 is correct, and it is about 6-8 outfit changes, about an hour or so photoshoot per girl.

DEPOSITS: i would prefer that everyone contact Kamila themselves to give her the deposits when we decide or I can set up a Paypal account
      Kamila wrote:
      I would need the deposits of $100 per person when we decide on a date, so that I can book the room and Michelle LoConte for makeup/hair.

So far, I have the following ladies interested (in order of when they posted)-
      Myself
      DanaC
      Kristy621
      Blondie25
      RIUMBBRIDE711

Let's do this ladies!!!

#23 blondie25

blondie25
      • 87 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:31 PM

Sounds great I think we should go with March 6th, so we have more time. I wll just have to take of work that day but i need to know soon since my request needs to be in a month in advance.

#24 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
        • 1,083 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:06 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by blondie25
          Sounds great I think we should go with March 6th, so we have more time. I wll just have to take of work that day but i need to know soon since my request needs to be in a month in advance.
          I would rather do the March 6th as well for your reasons and Kamila's reasoning with the natural light etc..
          I think that we need 3 people to be eligible for the group rate; and I know Kristy said that she can take a day off of work as well.

For those that can't - I will talk to her about setting up a Sat session.

#25 Kristy621

Kristy621
          • 102 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:21 PM

I can do Friday March 6th. I was able to get a hook up for Sunday the 8th I will see if my friend can do something for Friday... but it is busier so I am not sure... I am so excited! and nervous lol
            53 People Booked!

#26 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
            • 1,083 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:28 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Kristy621
              I can do Friday March 6th. I was able to get a hook up for Sunday the 8th I will see if my friend can do something for Friday... but it is busier so I am not sure... I am so excited! and nervous lol
              Fabulous! So we have 3 of us which is enough to qualify for the group rate. Im going to give it another day or so to see if anyone else is interested and then I will give you all my PayPal information.

Thanks so much for looking into the location Kristy! I will also check with Kamila on her location as well - then we can all decide from there.

I am super excited and nervous too!

#27 YoursTruly

YoursTruly
              • 1,097 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:28 PM

I am so bummed about this---can't make it.....Oh well--As I explained I get married on 3/6.

#28 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
                • 1,083 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:33 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by YoursTruly
                  I am so bummed about this---can't make it.....Oh well--As I explained I get married on 3/6.
                  I know!! I am so sorry.. she didn't have a lot of other availablity in March. =(
                  I am sure that there will be others; or you can try to coordinate one with Kamila after you return with some other ladies!

#29 Geralyn

Geralyn
                  • 2,677 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:13 PM

I can't do the 6th unless it was after 4 because I am a teacher and I can't take off. If anyone wants to do the 7th or a diffrent date I still want to do it

#30 sunsetbride1

sunsetbride1
                    • 1,083 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:29 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by RIUMBBride711
                      I can't do the 6th unless it was after 4 because I am a teacher and I can't take off. If anyone wants to do the 7th or a diffrent date I still want to do it
                      I completely understand. I have already asked Kamila if there is a second date or if she can do both Friday and Saturday.

Either way, I will post it on here (keep looking at this thread) - and then one of you ladies can pick up the coordination from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users